• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: The Witching Hour #5
1 1

10 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

Pretty Book, Very few spine ticks Sharp corners, all positive.  However under the Banner is that just a crease or a tear an don the back above Frankenstein the word on the bottom left looks like a tear.  Probably a 4.5 depending on those tears or color breaks.

I just checked and there are no tears only color-breaking creases :shy:

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

4 minutes ago, creaturefan95 said:

By how much do you think that would improve the grade? hm

At least 1.0, maybe 1.5. I subtracted a full 1.0 for the dirt. The NCB stuff I see - mostly on the BC - accounts for another 1.0 or so. From previous experience I could see it getting back up to 7.0 but no better. That back cover crease will prevent anything higher.

But the way it will present and feel in your hands (oh so clean!) might be worth it. I'm only talking aesthetics here and not financial improvement. And think about the book itself: its self-esteem and confidence will grow substantially (thumbsu

11 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

At least 1.0, maybe 1.5. I subtracted a full 1.0 for the dirt. The NCB stuff I see - mostly on the BC - accounts for another 1.0 or so. From previous experience I could see it getting back up to 7.0 but no better. That back cover crease will prevent anything higher.

But the way it will present and feel in your hands (oh so clean!) might be worth it. I'm only talking aesthetics here and not financial improvement. And think about the book itself: its self-esteem and confidence will grow substantially (thumbsu

Would the "PAID" stamp be removed in the process? I kind of like that about the book and its monetary value means nothing to me :insane:

Nice looking 6.5 IMO. Probably not worth getting pressed/graded. With shipping etc you are probably looking at $50+ and a CGC 7.5 of the same issue recently listed on Ebay for $30 didn't even get a bid. If this one's a keeper (cool stamp, btw) I'd recommend a fullback and a nice mylar. (thumbsu

On 4/5/2018 at 3:03 PM, Black_Adam said:

Nice looking 6.5 IMO. Probably not worth getting pressed/graded. With shipping etc you are probably looking at $50+ and a CGC 7.5 of the same issue recently listed on Ebay for $30 didn't even get a bid. If this one's a keeper (cool stamp, btw) I'd recommend a fullback and a nice mylar. (thumbsu

I actually prefer to keep my books in their original condition. Thanks for the suggestion, but I only have regular bags and boards :shy: