• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How is this ASM 304 a 9.6??

6 posts in this topic

I cracked open this guy and was disturbed by how terrible it looked. In addition to this mangled corner, the back was off center, had dents in the spine, and a noticeable stacking curl. Is stuff like that normal for a 9.6 or am I overreacting?

amazing304.jpg

Edited by godparticl

5 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

A certain other grading company would have had that at 9.8

Maybe it was tampered with is all I can think of. No 9.6 has a rounded corner like that.

Oh, I wasn't even talking about the corner. I was meaning that big square slice cut out of the back cover in the pic(no, it wasn't my scissors skills lol). Definitely wasn't tampered with, as the case and inner mylar thing were sealed. Just thought it was a crazy grade for the condition

Yeah, I used scissors, but it was like this before I cut it out. Also, there's no way I could cut a clean square shape out like that with scissors. This was an older style(not old label) that you can pop apart by just pulling the center seam on the side

Edit: Here's a better pic. See how there's like straight cut, small squared off, straight cut, squared off

Edit2: Now that I look at the back compared to my reader copy, it looks like the result of a poor cut from the factory. My reader is cut off more than this one(cgc left, reader right)

amazing304b.jpg

amazing304c.jpg

Edited by godparticl