• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know how long GPA is down?

12 posts in this topic

Its not down for me but there are and have been a sufficiently large number of DDoS attacks the past two days so various regions have been down from time to time.  The northeast, northern midwest and northwest regions are getting absolutely hammered.   

Near Real-Time DDoS Attack Map

Day Old Summary

Edited by comicquant

56 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Its not down for me but there are and have been a sufficiently large number of DDoS attacks the past two days so various regions have been down from time to time.  The northeast, northern midwest and northwest regions are getting absolutely hammered.   

Near Real-Time DDoS Attack Map

Day Old Summary

What in God’s green earth is a DdoS attack?

1 minute ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

What in God’s green earth is a DdoS attack?

A Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack is an attempt to make an online service unavailable by overwhelming it with traffic from multiple sources.

Pretty common event historically, but recently they have used more attack vectors to "bogulate" even the most robust infrastructures.

-bc

1 minute ago, bc said:

A Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack is an attempt to make an online service unavailable by overwhelming it with traffic from multiple sources.

Pretty common event historically, but recently they have used more attack vectors to "bogulate" even the most robust infrastructures.

-bc

You had me at bogulate. Kirby monster wasn’t it?

Just now, Quicksilver Signs said:

You had me at bogulate. Kirby monster wasn’t it?

:) (not sure if you know I'm a PHM addict)

\bog-u-late\ = verb: to manipulate in a bogus fashion that impacts functionality

That's from my personal 30+ year IT dictionary.

-bc

ps- just logged into GPA and did a few searches, looks like it's working from NE Ohio.