• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trimmed

13 posts in this topic

So I have a silver age comic that is considered restored by cgc because it is trimmed. It doesn't indicate whether that's considered slight moderate or extensive. Can anyone provide insight? Thanks

10 minutes ago, Synchead said:

So I have a silver age comic that is considered restored by cgc because it is trimmed. It doesn't indicate whether that's considered slight moderate or extensive. Can anyone provide insight? Thanks

I don't think it's considered restored, it is given an apparent grade. Trimmed is the absolute worst designation you can get. 

Trim trimmeney, trim trimmeneny, trim trim charoo, a book that's been trimmed up is worth less than poo....

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Trim trimmeney, trim trimmeneny, trim trim charoo, a book that's been trimmed up is worth less than poo....

Thank you, Julie Andrews, and Van Dyke for that. I love that song. Now I have the original and your lyrical variation to amuse myself with when I review the All_Things_Trimmed_Comics listings! Mutiny on the high-Cs, I tell ya'.

Edited by James J Johnson

8 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Thank you, Julie Andrews, and Van Dyke for that. I love that song. Now I have the original and your lyrical variation to amuse myself with when I review the All_Things_Trimmed_Comics listings! Mutiny on the high-Cs, I tell ya'.

tumblr_mxpwwhEMJ91qhdvf5o2_500.gif

15 minutes ago, Synchead said:

Haha! Hysterical! I love the humor! Well here's the requested picture. As you can see trim trimaree.Screenshot_20180409-190000.thumb.jpg.93063dbe539044c9359615111d9bbadf.jpg

Nice looking 6.0, it looks better than that, as many restored/graded books seem to do. Do you have the full scan? Or is this all of it, an All_Things_TrimTrimTrareed book and the bottom is trimmed off all the way up to Aquaman's knees and the rest of the well occupied by a huge spacer instead of the rest of the book? xD

Edited by James J Johnson

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, Synchead said:

Here are the full pictures. Thanks.

Humor me, if you have the time. Could you get a ruler, with 16th inch markings (all the better if it has 32nds marked off) and measure this book in the slab, top to bottom, first along the spine, then dead center, then along the right edge and tell me the exact dimensions (top to bottom at those three points)? I pretty much know already by looking at the cover art but want to confirm it physically for this particular book.