• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Betty and Veronica #41, Young Romance #150 - classic covers cheap!

5 posts in this topic

First, the rules:

1. No HOSers, probies, groupies, homies, yuppies, etc. 

2. Paypal only please.

3. USA only, sorry to all our international friends!

4. shipping is included, I use USPS. 

5. First :takeit: in thread trumps any PM conversations, first time stamp wins. 

And all the rest of the usual stuff.

Two books today! Two classic covers. 

Betty and Veronica #41 - 2.0 - $85!

Young Romance #150 - 4.5 - $120!

or take both for $175!

pics shortly!!

Spoiler

Betty and Veronica #41 - 2.0 - $85!

Along with #40, this is one of the two top classic Betty and Veronica covers. 

Figuring out the value of this is almost as hard as grading it. There haven't been any on the bay in months, and none up for auction that I am aware of either (though I might have missed something). This is not an easy book to find! And the people who have copies aren't getting rid of them. 

This copy is tight, with fantastic, bright colors! 

Unfortunately, the colors are also bright on all the writing all over the book. Apparently they hadn't invented the notepad yet in 1959. 

Not sure how to grade it or price it so I'm just winging it on both. Let's call it a 2.0? And maybe $85 shipped?

(shrug)

H0GtG76.jpg

hls59vN.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster

Young Romance #150 - 4.5 - $120!

The silver age romance book. Falling in Love #99 is also great, but I consider it the start of the bronze Age for romance. When it comes to pure Silver Age romance, nothing tops this cover as far as I'm concerned. It's the classic of classics. 

This is a nice looking copy. It is slightly rolled, and has creases parallel to the lower spine consistent with spine roll.

A copy a grade or so higher than this sold here on the boards a couple months ago for $150. 

I'm going to call this a 4.5, and ask $120 shipped!

Vec9Fr8.jpg

HonqHlG.jpg