• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman 98

4 posts in this topic

Trying to more fully understand the significance of this book - it seems to be the start of the Silver Age Wonder Woman with a new origin.

Is this origin/this version of the character the Wonder Woman that we know today - kind of like how SC4 and SC22 relaunched the Flash and GL as we know them today or is it not that significant a change?

@skypinkblu would certainly be an expert voice here, but I don't think this transition can compare with the two Showcases you mentioned, which were new identities entirely. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman were mainstays through the ages, so the transitions were not so radical.

Here's a great site that I link to frequently and should help with your question... The Dividing Line Between Earth-1 and Earth-2: Wonder Woman

18 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

@skypinkblu would certainly be an expert voice here, but I don't think this transition can compare with the two Showcases you mentioned, which were new identities entirely. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman were mainstays through the ages, so the transitions were not so radical.

Here's a great site that I link to frequently and should help with your question... The Dividing Line Between Earth-1 and Earth-2: Wonder Woman

Thanks for the info!  So perhaps more like Adventure Comics 260 and Aquaman?  But it does seem more significant than that, but less than the changes in SC4 and SC22 ......