• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sales thread problem!!!! would like some help or opinions!!!

2 posts in this topic

Hi

i have a question about the rules. I have a sells thread in the modern section “ batman 44 silver foil C2E2 “ and in “my” rules i stated “first ill take it wins”. 

I had two people say they would take one in the thread (i have 5) so that leaves 3 left. And i got one PM asking for the remaining 3 copies. I saw that message but was still at the show and didnt respond.

i was on my train and saw that in the thread 3 people took 1 copy each.

my question is “who” should have priority, the PM (which i saw but didn't respond or close the thread) or the people who marked it in the thread? if you want to look At my thread and help determine how best to proceed i would be VERY greatful!

for the record everyone involved has been and are being very nice about the issue! the person who sent the PM says he should have marked it in the thread, and i acknowledge that i should have responded and or closed the thread.  I love the boards and dont want any problems with anyone.

thanks 

dan

No good solution in this case.  I always state “1st take via time stamp” to allow for these issues to get quickly resolved.  What I’ve seen work well is posting the I’ll Take It message with the time stamp showing and apologize to the three buyers who took a book after the PM take it.  If the PM was an offer and didn’t take the books outright then I’d think the books should go to the three seperate buyers since the deal wasn’t completed.  Good luck.