• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Suspense 24

25 posts in this topic

I don't see any reason why you couldn't get a FN- 5.5 out of this book.

The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21 on page 234 of the OGG is graded FN 6.0, and besides the fact that it is a modern book, it has more extensive water damage and soiling across the bottom of the front cover, along with a small edge tear on the front cover, some minor corner creasing, and some spine stress. And although the Adventures of Big Boy #100 on page 228 is in generally better condition structurally, it has a tape stain on the front cover and water stains and soiling all over the back cover -- and still got a 6.5 FN+.

Worst case scenario you're probably looking at 5.0, but I would be inclined to go 5.5 from what I can see.

Interesting perspectives on it. When I examined the book I initially graded it about a 6.0. Although after I looked at the back cover I was thinking about 5.0.

I bought the book for $65, because the owner thought it looked much better than I thought it was. Which was probably a little high, but I'm happy with it.

The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21 on page 234 of the OGG is graded FN 6.0, and besides the fact that it is a modern book, it has more extensive water damage and soiling across the bottom of the front cover, along with a small edge tear on the front cover, some minor corner creasing, and some spine stress. And although the Adventures of Big Boy #100 on page 228 is in generally better condition structurally, it has a tape stain on the front cover and water stains and soiling all over the back cover -- and still got a 6.5 FN+.

Worst case scenario you're probably looking at 5.0, but I would be inclined to go 5.5 from what I can see.

Oh boy, I thought we were done with extensive OGG references. screwy.gifpoke2.gif

I admit I'm a little harsh on the 4.0-6.0 books. Nice book, Rick! 893applaud-thumb.gif I don't have any prob with your evaluation of a 5.0. Like David says, books look different in person. insane.gif

Oh boy, I thought we were done with extensive OGG references. screwy.gifpoke2.gif

Silly me for making two references to the grading guide. I guess I could try your method of taking your trained monkey and having him throw his feces at a wall chart with different grades located in different spots. confused-smiley-013.gif

Silly me for making two references to the grading guide. I guess I could try your method of taking your trained monkey and having him throw his feces at a wall chart with different grades located in different spots. confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Where can i pick up one of those pet monkeys?

sign-funnypost.gif

Where can i pick up one of those pet monkeys?

At Peter's house.

I think the book is a 5.5 without the stains which I believe would take it down a notch or two. That spine crease runs from staple to staple. tongue.gif

That's pretty much what I do.

Looks about 4.5/5.0 to me.

Would be a 5.5/6.0 without the H2O damage. frown.gif

minor water staining/soiling is allowed in 6.0.

And if you're a trained monkey, it's allowed in 10.0 depending on your aim.