• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Suspense 24

25 posts in this topic

4.0/4.5

my first impression of the FC was that the book would be around a 5.5, but the H2O stain on the BC has to be taken into account, so i'd be inclined to think closer to Nikos 4.5 range. and for sure on E-bay it would be a Fine at a minimum............. grin.gif

Oh boy, I thought we were done with extensive OGG references. screwy.gifpoke2.gif

Silly me for making two references to the grading guide. I guess I could try your method of taking your trained monkey and having him throw his feces at a wall chart with different grades located in different spots. confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh boy, that got a response. 893applaud-thumb.gif

And how did you know that's how I do it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

this is where a 175-200% size scan really makes people undergrade, because flaws are so magnified.

i can't see 6.5 for that book, but i could go to 5.5 depending on gloss and inside PQ

So this is my first Pre-Hero purchase. Hopefully I didn't overpay and you guys agree with my grading.

TOS24f.jpg

TOS24b.jpg

Hey 'Lok, nice first pre-hero! thumbsup2.gif

If you send this in I predict it'll come back a 4.5 with a slim change at a 5.0. It's got nice color and gloss, but the edges all the way around the book look like they've got a bit of wear, like the edges were pushed or rubbed up against something -- probably loose in a box -- and got slid around. IMHO that along with the stain and the spine-parallel crease will keep it from coming back above 5.0.

Love that cover! cloud9.gif

BTW, do you ever wonder why there are so many people running around screaming in what appears to be a rural site in the middle of nowhere? confused-smiley-013.gif