• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC UNIVERSE Digital Streaming Service

24 posts in this topic

Classic runs of 'Hellblazer' and 'Preacher' will be just some of the titles available on the digital comic service when it launches on Thursday.

When streaming service DC Universe is relaunched as subscription comic reader DC Universe Infinite this week, it will add a number of eagerly anticipated classics, including material from mature readers imprints Vertigo and DC Black Label, DC has announced.

As part of the relaunch and rebrand, originally announced in September last year, DCUI will add selections from its back catalog of Vertigo, DC Black Label and Milestone Media titles, as well as full-length graphic novels that have previously been unavailable on the DC Universe comic reader.

Titles available at launch will include the full runs of Hellblazer, Lucifer, V for Vendetta, and Preacher, as well as Batman: Arkham Asylum, Supergirl: Being Super, and the complete Mister Miracle series by Tom King and Mitch Gerads. Also available will be all titles from Joe Hill’s Hill House Comics horror imprint. Additional archive titles will be added to the service on a regular basis.

Additionally, DCUI will feature free-to-read titles — i.e., available without paid subscription — from launch, with the first issues of All-Star Superman, Black Lightning: Year One, 2016’s Suicide Squad series, and 2011’s Aquaman, amongst the first wave of sample issues.

New print titles will be added to the service six months after in-store date, with new digital first titles added three months after initial release. The service, currently available only in the U.S., will begin to launch globally later this year.

“This is just the beginning of DC Universe Infinite’s transformation,” Pam Lifford, President of Global Brands and Experiences at Warner Bros., said in a statement. “Our fans will have access to a rich collection of their favorite comic books and publishing while connecting with a community that loves the same DC characters and brands.”

DC Universe Infinite will launch Jan. 21.

It's sounding liker people should still maintain their subscriptions if they enjoy reading comic books.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:58 AM, Bosco685 said:
It's sounding liker people should still maintain their subscriptions if they enjoy reading comic books.

The minute they took away my DCAU content, they lost my money.

48 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

The minute they took away my DCAU content, they lost my money.

I was looking over what DC Universe Infinite is going to contain compared to DC Universe.

DC Universe Infinite FAQ

What is DC UNIVERSE INFINITE?
DC UNIVERSE INFINITE is the ultimate comic book subscription service. With access to more than 24,000 comic books at launch, DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscribers will also encounter digital-first comics, member access to DC fan events, as well as a steady stream of recently released comics six (6) months after their physical versions hit store shelves.

What content will be available on DC UNIVERSE INFINITE?

• The Biggest DC Digital Comic Book Library Anywhere, Ever: An expanded collection of 24,000+ DC Multiverse titles including select graphic novels, Black Label, with more to come!
  • Earlier Access: DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscribers no longer have to wait a year. New release comics are now available 6 months after they hit stores!
  • DC Universe Infinite Originals: First-access to a collection of titles before they’re available anywhere else! 
  • In addition, DC UNIVERSE INFINITE will feature news and behind-the-scenes looks at DC Comics as well as full access to the DC character encyclopedia.

How much will DC UNIVERSE INFINITE cost?
DC UNIVERSE INFINITE will add a larger and more recent set of titles to its existing comics library at the same low price of $74.99/year and $7.99/month. Eligible members of DC UNIVERSE INFINITE as of February 1, 2021 will also receive a “thank you” voucher to the DC Shop, subject to terms and conditions. Annual subscribers will receive a $25 voucher while monthly subscribers will receive a $10 voucher.

Since they will maintain the content they have plus add new books 6 months after their release (avoiding direct competition with comic book stores), doesn't sound like a horrible deal for someone that enjoys reading comic books.

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I was looking over what DC Universe Infinite is going to contain compared to DC Universe.

DC Universe Infinite FAQ

Since they will maintain the content they have plus add new books 6 months after their release (avoiding direct competition with comic book stores), doesn't sound like a horrible deal for someone that enjoys reading comic books.

No, certainly not, but I am spiteful and angry that HBO Max may, at some point, choose not to give me access to my beloved DCAU. Therefore, DC Universe Infinite will not get my money.