• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission information is incorrect. Do I need to notify CGC?

7 posts in this topic

I just noticed in my online submission form that one of the entries is incorrect. I submitted a 1988 GI Joe 21 published by Marvel, but the submission says it is a 2017 GI Joe 21 published by IDW. Do I need to contact them and let them know I entered the wrong info or will they figure it out?

1 hour ago, SBRobin said:

I just noticed in my online submission form that one of the entries is incorrect. I submitted a 1988 GI Joe 21 published by Marvel, but the submission says it is a 2017 GI Joe 21 published by IDW. Do I need to contact them and let them know I entered the wrong info or will they figure it out?

Sometimes these things get rectified but you really should call to be safe.

It'll be fixed without you calling. I guess if you want to call just in case, that's up to you. If verifying doesn't fix it, the grader will. If the grader doesn't fix it, QC will. If QC doesn't fix it, then you'll get a book with an incorrect label, which is very, very unlikely to happen, but will on occasion. If your book was 2nd print versus 1st print, then the mistake would more likely happen. But the people who work at CGC aren't amateurs. Marvel vs IDW is obvious.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, Philflound said:

It'll be fixed without you calling. I guess if you want to call just in case, that's up to you. If verifying doesn't fix it, the grader will. If the grader doesn't fix it, QC will. If QC doesn't fix it, then you'll get a book with an incorrect label, which is very, very unlikely to happen, but will on occasion. If your book was 2nd print versus 1st print, then the mistake would more likely happen. But the people who work at CGC aren't amateurs. Marvel vs IDW is obvious.

Very helpful, Phil. But it's probably not a good idea to hope the next person in the process catches the mistake...zzz

Edited by The Lions Den
spelling error

3 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Very helpful, Phil. But it's probably not a good idea to hope the next person in the process catches the mistake...zzz

The graders are the ones who usually catches most of the mistakes. Unless like I said, they are very slight differences that may squeak by.