• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am just stunned at some of these prices...

24 posts in this topic

On 5/7/2018 at 2:31 PM, comix4fun said:

2008 Summer Dance Partay!!!!!!

Hey, check out the brides"maid" behind Katy's left shoulder. Who knew she was so far ahead of her time, predicting cultural shifts in the late 10s? It's like she's Nostradumbass....er, that's how that's spelled, right...?

7 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

I was out on this because I thought you'd be all over it! lol

I thought it would finish at least at $3500. It's got a lot of kitsch appeal in addition to being a great Heck example.

This is the recent one that shocked me-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-846-Cover-Dustin-Nguyen-Batman-Catwoman-Hush-Original-Comic-Art/132635524300?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I guess Nguyen has done a good job of setting his price point on direct sales such that the auctions now follow suit. Plus serious Bat cover tax.

I dropped out when it hit 4K.

Nguyen sells his covers for 5k plus, so technically the one on eBay went “cheap” lol 

Regarding the Nguyen Tec cvr...

Batman tax

Catwoman tax

Hush tax

Less is more

Excellent composition 

And, least we not forget, the recently ended CLink offering...~$1.3k, which feels 'right' to me...

Aesthetically, for my own biased tastes, the Kryptonian cover scene is inferior to the Hush cover scene...

RAD7479B201859_163549.jpg