• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 28 page count

21 posts in this topic

What's the page count on Amazing Spider-Man 28? I just got one and it has 8 wraps with the cover. Seems to be missing a wrap but I can't see which one might be missing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

On 5/7/2018 at 8:31 AM, bb8 said:

What's the page count on Amazing Spider-Man 28? I just got one and it has 8 wraps with the cover. Seems to be missing a wrap but I can't see which one might be missing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Do you mean 8 wraps including the cover or 8 interior wraps plus the cover.? I believe all Marvels from this time period had 8 interior wraps plus the cover.

Edited by gadzukes

3 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Do you mean 8 wraps including the cover or 8 interior wraps plus the cover.  I believe all Marvels from this time period had 8 interior wraps plus the cover.

8 wraps with the cover. I'm familiar with the common page count. I was wondering if this was different because I can't see where it would be missing. I'm guessing it would be the centerfold but I can't see where the page is missing. Does someone have a copy? It must be missing a wrap but I'm not sure where.

Edited by bb8

50 minutes ago, Wee_S2e said:

Can't you check using the actual story pages which are usually numbered? I doubt the missing wrap is 4 pages of ads. I don't have 28 handy but I checked my 27 and if the center wrap was missing it'd be obvious.

I did. The story is all there. Even the letters page is intact.

12 hours ago, bb8 said:

8 wraps with the cover. I'm familiar with the common page count. I was wondering if this was different because I can't see where it would be missing. I'm guessing it would be the centerfold but I can't see where the page is missing. Does someone have a copy? It must be missing a wrap but I'm not sure where.

Restating "8 wraps with the cover" didn't answer his question.  "8 wraps with the cover" could be interpreted two different ways. 

To simplify it: Is there      1. a cover AND 8 wraps      or       2. a cover AND 7 wraps.   

Once you open the cover there should be 8 interior pages on either side of the staples. If you have 16 total interior pages (32 story/ad/letter pages front and back) you’re fine. 

Edited by mysterio

Probably missing some ad page or pin up or something. I don't have a copy on hand to know. You may not be missing a wrap, but instead one page before the staple and one page after. I'd check each page before the staple and make sure it's connected to the page after the staple. That's a good start. It is possible a wrap is missing, so you may have connecting front and back pages regardless. Good luck.

Listen.... this isn't rocket science.  There's a front cover, then 8 interior pages to the staple.  Then 8 more interior pages after the staple.  Then the back cover.

Do a count and let us know where you miscounted.  We're all curious now.

I seem to recall that page 12 is missing in a lot of marvel silver because of an ad page so maybe that's the culprit.

Edited by gadzukes

1 minute ago, gadzukes said:

Ad wrap?  Is there an entire wrap that's all ads?

Plenty of Marvels had this. I ran into this problem with an X-men #12 once, the story was complete but an ad wrap was out. That was how I learned to get consistent in counting pages rather than just the story alone.

29 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Plenty of Marvels had this. I ran into this problem with an X-men #12 once, the story was complete but an ad wrap was out. That was how I learned to get consistent in counting pages rather than just the story alone.

I always thought when a page in the back had ads, the front part of the wrap had story.  I know for sure that the 1st wrap has story on the 1st page and an ad page at the last page. 

Edited by gadzukes

43 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I always thought when a page in the back had ads, the front part of the wrap had story.  I know for sure that the 1st wrap has story on the 1st page and an ad page at the last page. 

Most DC/Marvel have ads in middle (up to three pages) and last page (sometimes two pages).

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Yes, I know that there are "pages" with ads on both sides of the page, but are there full wraps with ads on all sides?

I believe a centerfold is full of ads (full four pages) at most. It goes same for Harvey, Marvel and DC.

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

I believe a centerfold is full of ads (full four pages) at most. It goes same for Harvey, Marvel and DC.

I just pulled out an ASM 23 & ASM 26 (because I had them handy).  

23 & 26 both follow the same format so I'm going to assume ASM 28 follows the same format.

-1st wrap has 2 story pages on the frontleaf, 1 letters page on the backleaf & 1 ad page on the backleaf.

-2nd wrap has 2 story pages on the frontleaf, a Marvel ad page on the backleaf & 1 letters page on the backleaf.

-3rd wrap has a Marvel ad on the front leaf, a regular ad on the frontleaf, a regular ad on the backleaf and a Pinup page on the back leaf. (This would be considered a full wrap without story)

-4th wrap has 2 story pages on the frontleaf, 2 story pages on the back leaf.

-5th wrap has 2 story pages on the frontleaf, 2 story pages on the back leaf.

-6th wrap has ad page on the frontleaf & story page on the front leaf, & 2 ad pages on the back leaf.

-7th wrap has 2 story pages on the front leaf, 2 story pages on the backleaf.

-8th wrap (centerfold) has 2 story pages on the front leaf, & 1 ad page on the back leaf, & 1 story page on the back leaf.