• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When this Grading Contest is over. New one?

64 posts in this topic

Up to 22 now. Hoping we can get it up to at least 30 before we start the prelims.

Prelims... as in qualifiers?

We have to get past those to get to the real deal? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sounds more like a track meet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, it would be nice for Nikos to win something. He puts on these contests, and its only fair for him to be able to win something for such valor.

I would have loved to play, but unfortunately I have to start to concentrate on my real job, falling way behind.

foreheadslap.gif

Signed up this far. PM me and let me know if your name is off the list.

143ksk

Aces

Alberto1975

Brockley

davidking623

drbanner

Fan4Fan

gaute

Higghawker

joe_collector

kiltman

Nefaria

october_fire

OldGuy

Postal

THE_BEYONDER

toro

uclapeterg

Warlord

wasonff

xsmanx

Zipper68

Good to see him back hi.gif

Yes, it would be nice for Nikos to win something. He puts on these contests, and its only fair for him to be able to win something for such valor.

I would have loved to play, but unfortunately I have to start to concentrate on my real job, falling way behind.

foreheadslap.gif

Playing is a lot easier than running these things. flowerred.gif

Up to 34.I like the idea of going up against each other.

What I am thinking is that we will have people go up against each other. Contest would have 3 divisions.

They would be the

Winners Bracket

Losers Bracket

Mega Losers Bracket.

I like the idea of giving everyone a chance to win. Basically if you always win, your in the winners bracket. If you lose once you drop to the Losers bracket, and if you lose again, your in the Mega Losers Bracket. Once you lose again, your out.

I haven't decided on prizes yet, but when I figure it out I will post it along with a rules sheet. I really would appreciate it if someone out there that is good with the bracket thing could help me out. I am decent at doing those, but not as good as whoever did it last time.

So if anyone wants to help me out, let me know. Here is who has signed up so far.

143ksk

Aces

Alberto1975

bobpfef

Brockley

davidking623

deathlok

DNAgent

drbanner

ericc123

Fan4Fan

gaute

Higghawker

Hobgoblin

joe_collector

kiltman

Nefaria

nikos61  

Norinn Radd

october_fire

OldGuy

PedigreeMan

PeterJohnson

Postal

rjpb

Team America

THE_BEYONDER

Theagenes

toro

uclapeterg

Warlord

wasonff

xsmanx

Zipper68

What I am thinking is that we will have people go up against each other. Contest would have 3 divisions.

They would be the

Winners Bracket

Losers Bracket

Mega Losers Bracket.

I like the idea of giving everyone a chance to win. Basically if you always win, your in the winners bracket. If you lose once you drop to the Losers bracket, and if you lose again, your in the Mega Losers Bracket. Once you lose again, your out.

I haven't decided on prizes yet, but when I figure it out I will post it along with a rules sheet. I really would appreciate it if someone out there that is good with the bracket thing could help me out. I am decent at doing those, but not as good as whoever did it last time.

So you have to hit the grade dead on or you get dropped down to a lower bracket and eventually eliminated?

And if you get it right you move up a bracket, or stay in the highest one?

Very interesting... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

They would be the

Winners Bracket

Losers Bracket

Mega Losers Bracket.

So you have to hit the grade dead on or you get dropped down to a lower bracket and eventually eliminated?

And if you get it right you move up a bracket, or stay in the highest one?

Very interesting... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If that's the case, the Mega Losers Bracket is going to be a full one. smirk.gif

They would be the

Winners Bracket

Losers Bracket

Mega Losers Bracket.

This is only a suggestion, maybe you could do a bracket type like in softball or college baseball. That is when you lose you fall into the losers bracket, but it would be possible to play your way back into the winners brackets. I'm only suggesting that because you might lose so many people after the first round, at least half the people are already losers. In one loss and you get dropped to a lower bracket ARTY would probably had been in the losers bracket after the second round in Nikos contest.

Just a thought.

143ksk

Aces

Alberto1975

Brockley

davidking623

drbanner

Fan4Fan

gaute

Higghawker

joe_collector

kiltman

Nefaria

october_fire

OldGuy

Postal

THE_BEYONDER

toro

uclapeterg

Warlord

wasonff

xsmanx

Zipper68

Don't worry, he'll quit before it's over.

I'm in....I'd also like to keep the format (or something similar) as it is a lot more fun for every one than playing elimination rounds..

Roy.

143ksk

Aces

Alberto1975

Brockley

davidking623

drbanner

Fan4Fan

gaute

Higghawker

joe_collector

kiltman

Nefaria

october_fire

OldGuy

Postal

THE_BEYONDER

toro

uclapeterg

Warlord

wasonff

xsmanx

Zipper68

893whatthe.gif He's back??? Hi JC!!! hi.gif

What I meant by that is this.

Player 1 vs. Player 2

Player 1 gets it right, and Player 2 gets it wrong. Player 1 stays in the Winner's bracket, and Player 2 drops down to the Losers Bracket.

This allows people to play at least 4 rounds. It also makes the possibilities of getting to sit out a round due to possibly no competition.

Basically everyone starts in the Winner's bracket and then they start to drop off. What I also was thinking that maybe in the end, the Champions of the Winners/Losers and Mega Bracket will have a face off for the Grand Prize.

Say it

1st prize for Winners

2nd prize for Losers

3rd prize for Mega Losers

Grand Prize is a face off for the Champions of each Division. That would be fun, so even the Champion for the Mega Losers still might come out smelling like a Rose.

What I meant by that is this.

Player 1 vs. Player 2

Player 1 gets it right, and Player 2 gets it wrong. Player 1 stays in the Winner's bracket, and Player 2 drops down to the Losers Bracket.

This allows people to play at least 4 rounds. It also makes the possibilities of getting to sit out a round due to possibly no competition.

Basically everyone starts in the Winner's bracket and then they start to drop off. What I also was thinking that maybe in the end, the Champions of the Winners/Losers and Mega Bracket will have a face off for the Grand Prize.

Say it

1st prize for Winners

2nd prize for Losers

3rd prize for Mega Losers

Grand Prize is a face off for the Champions of each Division. That would be fun, so even the Champion for the Mega Losers still might come out smelling like a Rose.

You are going to have to explain this real slow, in a thread called:

"Grading Contest Rules for Dummies"

insane.gif