• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omega the Unknown/Spider-Man question
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I'm reading a run of Omega the Unknown currently. In it, a female Daily Bugle photographer named Amber is introduced as a recurring character. Anyone know if she ever cropped up in Spider-Man titles or anywhere else?

Seems like a good foil for Peter Parker, potentially, and kind of looks like Mary Jane.

Holy cow, I don't remember that! Then again, I read Defenders monthly off the racks and I am just now reading Omega. It will be interesting when I go back to reread the defenders run. I'm guessing it resolved this whole Richard Rory and Foolkiller subplot that migrated from Man-Thing to Omega.

Fyi, they finally gave her last name by issue 5 -- Grant. There was a fun Peter Parker cameo in the Bugle, where they meet. Female photog who looks like MJ would make such a good foil for him. She ought to be recycled.

On 5/12/2018 at 4:31 PM, Readcomix said:

Holy cow, I don't remember that! Then again, I read Defenders monthly off the racks and I am just now reading Omega. It will be interesting when I go back to reread the defenders run. I'm guessing it resolved this whole Richard Rory and Foolkiller subplot that migrated from Man-Thing to Omega.

Fyi, they finally gave her last name by issue 5 -- Grant. There was a fun Peter Parker cameo in the Bugle, where they meet. Female photog who looks like MJ would make such a good foil for him. She ought to be recycled.

Omega might be my favorite Marvel bronze series *ever*.
Read at age 11 and it impressed me in such a deep way. Amber was such a cool character… as everyone else created by Steve Gerber!

On 5/12/2018 at 10:31 AM, Readcomix said:

Foolkiller also wound up in Amazing Spider-man during the early Roger Stern issues, around #225!