• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers 1 reholder, CCS first?

5 posts in this topic

I have an AV1 3.0 that I have been thinking about getting reholdered and was wondering if you boardies think it should also visit CCS?  Book appears to present quite nicely, and grader notes are as follows:

Very small multiple tear full bottom of cover

Moderate wear all edges to cover

spine stress lines break color

writing bottom of page 1

heavy creasing to cover

It's the heavy creasing I wonder about.  Some are quite deep and have areas where it breaks color.  Most notable areas are area where it says "Hulk!" down to below Earth's Mightiest Super Heros, middle of cover through Hulk's head/body, lots of creasing near Thor.  There are also some large color breaking creases (like the one from Thor's cape down to the grey ant) which will hold back the grade.  Just wondering what the group thinks the grade could be if this can be improved. 

Thanks!

IMG_0801.jpeg

IMG_0802.jpeg

IMG_0803.jpeg

Even with all the creases, the book presents well with no junks missing, no chipping, etc. Just a lot of wear. When I see a book with this much wear that is pressed. it just doesn't look right, unnatural. I don't believe a press will increase the grade. What would it fix other than to flatten out some color breaking creases that would still be there. It appears this book is in a first generation new holder. Is that why you are sending it in ? That should help the rippling effect on the book. I think CGC is still accepting these for a free reholder but I would check with them first.

Thanks, Bob.  Correct, it's in a gen 1 new holder so while it makes a trip out there, I wanted to see if the book would also benefit from a press.  I do personally think it'll look better, but if it doesn't help the grade, I'd rather save the funds. 

I agree that it looks like it is rippling from the holder. Not sure if it is cracked out if the ripples will remain or just flatten from not being in the holder. If the ripples remain, they may press it for free due to the defective holder. I'd ask though before sending it. Maybe even send the pics. With your original notes, there is nothing you list that says anything about bends. So most likely there would not be an increase in grade.