• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie here, which membership to get?

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have been wanting to submitt a few of my comics to CGC for a long time now. I will be attending the Orlando Mega Con at the end of May and I would like to take the following comics which I believe might be my most valuable:

• Amazing Spiderman 298 (Not sure if worth it)
  • Amazing Spiderman 299(Not sure if worth it)
  • Amazing Spiderman 300
  • Amazing Spiderman vol2. 36 (9/11 black cover)
  • Hulk 340

I believe these might be my most valuable comics.

Would it be worth it to get the premium member for $150 since I will get a $150 credit anyways?

And is the membership a yearly payment? or a one time thing?

Thank You.

It basically boils down to math.  Decide how many you want graded*.  Then do the sample math and compare and choose to the one that has the lowest absolute cost (if that's how you want to decide).

*Only you can decide which ones you want to grade.  It may depend just on grade, value, desired potential return on investment, personal preference, or a mixture of the above.  But everyone has their own formula.

membership is yearly, as is the credit.

Edited by revat

6 minutes ago, Ladic said:

so based on those 6 comics I listed, each one would cost me $27 to have graded, correct? so it would be $162 total?

I could be wrong, but I only counted 5 comics. make sure you read the terms of the credit closely, and see if they cover other things like shipping, insurance, invoice fees, etc.