• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Office Delivering Your CGC Graded Books

16 posts in this topic

This has been somewhat of a nightmare for me lately. Out of 12 packages sent by CGC, only two were delivered to my address. I have received pick-up slips for 5 others and nothing for the rest. I typically have to keep calling CGC to ask when the book was shipped, and what the registration number is.

I had a situation where I didn't receive my CGC graded books for two weeks. I called the post office with my registration number and name and they said the package hadn't arrived yet. Ten days later I called CGC in a panic mode and told them mys tory. One of their staff members had to spend 20 minutes talking to a guy from my local post office until they located the books. The clerk had told the CGC guy that the package had been sitting there for weeks. foreheadslap.gif

Another time the mailman had left a slip in somebody else's mailbox and they had gone to the post office to pick up my books. Luckily the lady refused to give up the package without proper I.D. I'm not going to even mention all the times that my regular letters were delivered to the neighbors across the street by mistake.

I mean if the packages are too heavy for USPS to deliver, then they shouldn't accept them in the first place. Why should I have to take time off from work or go to the post office on weekdays or Saturday just to pick a package that could have been delivered to my address during the day time (my roommate brother works the night shift and is usually home at that time).

Sorry for my sign-rantpost.gif but when your expecting a package that's worth thousands of dollars, you shouldn't have to go through this hassle.

Has anyone else had similar problems with the USPS delivering their CGC graded books?

Skybolt, I'm sorry for your problems. Not all post offices are like that. Everyone makes mistakes but overall you should be able to trust us to get your packages to you. I highly advise you to contact the USPS thru the 1-800 number below and complain. They will be required to contact you. Hope this info helps:

1-800-ASK-USPS® or (800) 275-8777

Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)

Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)

Closed Sundays and Holidays

Although my packages have never been delivered to a different address, there were a few times that I wasn't home and the mailman did not leave a notice for a package that should have been delivered. This includes the last submission from CGC. Long story short, my package had been sitting at the post office for two weeks while I was waiting for it and wondering if it had been lost or stolen. frustrated.gif

I've got a "PMB" (Private Mail Box). Basically it is a p.o. box but run privately. The guy that owns the place will sign for UPS or FEDEX so I never have to worry about missing a package. Definitely the way to go if you don't have a permanent residence and only costs about $90 a year.

Skybolt-this same thing happened to me! The best solution is to get a P.O. Box and have CGC mail your packages there! That way there is no mix up!

Trust me, I learned this lesson the hard way! It is worth the $20-$40 a year you will pay for post office box!

Skybolt-this same thing happened to me! The best solution is to get a P.O. Box and have CGC mail your packages there! That way there is no mix up!

Trust me, I learned this lesson the hard way! It is worth the $20-$40 a year you will pay for post office box!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Another time the mailman had left a slip in somebody else's mailbox and they had gone to the post office to pick up my books. Luckily the lady refused to give up the package without proper I.D. I'm not going to even mention all the times that my regular letters were delivered to the neighbors across the street by mistake.

And did your neighbors give you the mail back, or did you find out otherwise?

It wouldn't occur to me to keep/throwaway/claim mail meant from someone else screwy.gif

Or, if possible, have them send it to your work address. For me it's better since it will be sent to a secure location, wont be stuffed or smashed into a small mailbox, and my mailroom guys have absolutely no clue to what it is. Everything arrive safely...

And did your neighbors give you the mail back, or did you find out otherwise?

It wouldn't occur to me to keep/throwaway/claim mail meant from someone else screwy.gif

They actually rang my door bell and gave me the mail on several occasions. The store owner across the street had my insured Action Comics #22 CGC 7.0 for a couple of days before he brought it over. His kids are at his store all the time, and I'm glad no one noticed what was in the package. foreheadslap.gif

They actually rang my door bell and gave me the mail on several occasions. The store owner across the street had my insured Action Comics #22 CGC 7.0 for a couple of days before he brought it over. His kids are at his store all the time, and I'm glad no one noticed what was in the package. foreheadslap.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Dude. You need to seriously get a PO box or private mail box.

My problem was with the Postal worker leaving my packages leaning against the mail box by the road. I worked it out so she never has to deliver any of my packages to my mail box. She just leaves me a slip and if I happen to be home that day I can pick it up the same day and don't have to wait for the next day. If not, I pick them up before going into work the next day. Just have to get there before the ebay crowd does or I end up being late for work.

I've not had that problem with packages send to ME, but in the past 6 months, I've had 3 customers that I SENT packages to who contacted me a couple weeks later to ask when I was going to send the stuff they paid for. Of course I told them that I HAD mailed the packages. Two of them I had done Delivery Confirmation on and the other was insured. On all three occasions the packages were sitting at the Post Office waiting for them to come and pick them up. But all three customers told me that they never got that card that says the USPS tried to deliver a package (it's orangish, or salmon colored or something ).

Now I have added Delivery Confirmation as a must-have to all my packages so I can track them in case this happens again.

So now the way I package my shipments, use Priority Mail, require insurance, and now get delivery confirmation, it costs about $10 to mail a single CGC book (or more depending on how much the insurance is for). Yeesh. But better safe than sorry.