• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New HIGH GRADE CGC books up on Ebay!!!

26 posts in this topic

Why don't you just have a "buy-it-now" auction, instead of starting price at .99 cents and a reserve price...??

A BIN caps your upside. A reserve protects your downside but allows bidders to bid the item to the moon if they want.

Why don't you just have a "buy-it-now" auction, instead of starting price at .99 cents and a reserve price...??

A BIN caps your upside. A reserve protects your downside but allows bidders to bid the item to the moon if they want.

Maybe, but a higher than normal price BIN achieves more in my opinion! I am talking about a price that is higher than normal and with a reserve on a big ticket item if it doest meet the reserve your out a lot more money for the reserve price auction unless you want to sell to the highest bidder! Just my .03 cents worth!

Davidking623

Maybe, but a higher than normal price BIN achieves more in my opinion! I am talking about a price that is higher than normal and with a reserve on a big ticket item if it doest meet the reserve your out a lot more money for the reserve price auction unless you want to sell to the highest bidder! Just my .03 cents worth!

Davidking623

I still don`t get it. If I ever set a BIN on a book, and a buyer hit the BIN, then I`d be kicking myself afterward because maybe the buyer would`ve been willing to pay even more, but I never allowed another bidder the opportunity to drive the price up further. Anyways, if I have a listing with a BIN and a reserve, and the reserve is not met, then I`m out the BIN fees and the reserve fees, no?

THE BIN fees are like 5 or 10 cents. If I set a reasonable BIN, maybe I can get a bidder who doesn't like the auction format to BIN on something they want and pay a little extra. I will pay $5-$50 more than I normally would bid so I don't get involved in a potential bidding war.

THE BIN fees are like 5 or 10 cents. If I set a reasonable BIN, maybe I can get a bidder who doesn't like the auction format to BIN on something they want and pay a little extra. I will pay $5-$50 more than I normally would bid so I don't get involved in a potential bidding war.

I guess it all just comes down to whether you look at it from a glass half-empty or half-full view, I guess. confused-smiley-013.gif

Davidking623

I still don`t get it. If I ever set a BIN on a book, and a buyer hit the BIN, then I`d be kicking myself afterward because maybe the buyer would`ve been willing to pay even more, but I never allowed another bidder the opportunity to drive the price up further. Anyways, if I have a listing with a BIN and a reserve, and the reserve is not met, then I`m out the BIN fees and the reserve fees, no?

One more thing to think about there also it takes 2 bidders to get more and with a BIN it takes just one and really if you set a BIN price it must be a price that you must think you like or you wouldnt put it there!

Davidking623

I guess it all just comes down to whether you look at it from a glass half-empty or half-full view, I guess. confused-smiley-013.gif

My Bin Prices are definitely great prices so when you talk about the glass theory its full on the BIN!

Davidking623

Oddly enough, I went for a BIN on my Batman books (404-407) that was slightly higher than what they last sold for...individually. And the BIN was hit in just 3 hours!!

Batman set 404-407 CGC 9.6-9.8

Happy I got my asking price? Yes.

Do I think I could have gotten more (in hindsight)? Yes.

Will I ever be satisfied? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don't mean to side-track your thread, rube. Besides, I just bumped it up top for ya!

Rick

I am sure everyone has an opinion on this. I find it works best for me with the reserve. So I stick with it.

Steve

Steve,

They're all good strategies - each has its merits - good luck! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

David

Aren't Sgt Fury's hot? I'd sell them to Pedigreecomics.com since they sell like hotcakes on that site. They might even qualify for the Pre-sold category!

Seems like everything on Pedigreecomics.com sells for way higher prices than anywhere else in the market. Or is that just Doug`s own books? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif