• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Approximately how many TPBs fit into a short box?

6 posts in this topic

I am going to pack up my TPBs in the next 6 months or so.  While doing this, I am thinking about getting the comic draw boxes and swapping some of them with the short boxes that currently house my comics.  But I am curious how many trades could I fit and still be able to carry the boxes for moving?

A short box weight wise is ok for me to carry but any bigger like a long is too heavy.   I have about 250 books are the slim TPBs.  The larger hard covers, I can just put in regular boxes.   I think about 50 books will fit into a box that is manageable for me.  Does that sound correct?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, nocutename said:

I am going to pack up my TPBs in the next 6 months or so.  While doing this, I am thinking about getting the comic draw boxes and swapping some of them with the short boxes that currently house my comics.  But I am curious how many trades could I fit and still be able to carry the boxes for moving?

A short box weight wise is ok for me to carry but any bigger like a long is too heavy.   I have about 250 books are the slim TPBs.  The larger hard covers, I can just put in regular boxes.   I think about 50 books will fit into a box that is manageable for me.  Does that sound correct?  Thanks.

I fit about 110 with boards/bags.

So if you figure thickness of each TPB book to be just slightly thicker than two comics.

2 hours ago, grebal said:

Good guess - inside of short-box measured around 13 inches, and I counted around 36 books along the 13 inches shown (various thickness TPBs).

1361919663_IMG_01661.thumb.JPG.7887887091af7135645e1487d7f4d341.JPG

Thanks for the info.  I have two bookcases full plus some in my closet.  That will be a lot of boxes.  Yikes.  I should have figured out the measurements.  I guess I am mainly concerned with the weight per box.  I live near NYC and during my heavy collecting days, I would pick up long boxes full of trades.  Those were heavy then.  I have since have injured my arm.  So I know shorts are the only way to go right now.

2 hours ago, shadroch said:

A short box of TPBs weighs much more than a similar box of comics.

I am figuring that it would be.  I guess, I am just going to have to empty a comic box and test the weights out.  I am trying to figure out how to pack them.  If I go with short boxes then I will just get the comic draws and swap out my comics.  But maybe banker boxes is best.  I have time to figure it out.