• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dark Phoenix saga
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new at collecting comic book. I'd like to start my collection by finding the Dark Phoenix saga. In other words X-Men #129-138, I am looking for the original bronze age comic books. I am interested in these particular series because of the 1990s X-Men animated series.

I was wondering if anyone would help me in finding the Dark Phoenix saga comic books. 

XMen135.jpg

Edited by Phoenix1992

i put a xmen 94 - 143 run together recently (still need HG 102, 107) and I found it frustrating to find the books raw in HG that weren't slabbed (and probably pressed). As soon as any of those books get to the 8.0 - 9.0 level (actually a lot less) people CPR 'em to death and entomb them in plastic. I love to read floppies (I like letter page3s and ads and i just can't do online reading and omnibus' are too damn big) and I want 'em in HG cause those books are a big focus of my collection.

Was a challenge in it's own right to find 'em not slabbed. No I don't want to buy 'em slabbed and crack 'em out of slabs cause they we're probably pressed.

Anyways, OP didn't mention the grade-range he was interested in so something to prepare yourself for: They're gonna be in slabs in HG so you can't ream 'em:frustrated:

Edited by NoMan