• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal question

5 posts in this topic

Excuse my ignorance on this, but why do I see sellers keeping paypal payments from non-US buyers under $50 or $100? Is it the Fees only? I looked on Paypal's site and could not find any extra fees other than currency exchange fee. I usually eat the fees, but haven't sold much lately on e-bay, and looking at some auctions, well it just got me wondering.....

any info will be appreciated

confused-smiley-013.gif

I only limit it for unconfirmed address.

Normally to $100.

Some people don't take any payments from unconfirmed address at all.

For a big ticket item (over $500) I don't take paypal at all.

Too much risk.

just go to www.paypalsucks.com and you will see why its not a good idea to accept large payments from paypal.... i know u see alot of the well established dealers who accept paypal.... but i assure you paypal made them junp thru hoops like asking for additional informartion like home phone number of the address they list on the paypal application.they also want a bank account number and routing number.. and in some cases they will pull a credit report....most dealers may not have a problem with this.... but lets not forget paypal is not a bank...and they have had many many problems and those problems became lawsuits that did not go in paypals favors.

just go to www.paypalsucks.com and you will see why its not a good idea to accept large payments from paypal.... i

but lets not forget paypal is not a bank...and they have had many many problems and those problems became lawsuits that did not go in paypals favors.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Paypal offers NONE of the consumer protections a REAL bank or credit card company MUST offer. Paypal's policies are custom tailored to go in Paypal's favor whenever there is a dispute. There are no real protections for buyers or sellers and the scammers know every little Paypal nuance that will help them get away with their skullduggery.

With Paypal fees getting so high, one would think it's actually no more expensive to use a real credit card processing service.

here is a statement that mr. sollitto (former paypal president.. now billionare thanks to ebay) made in his bragging days of paypal when they were 1 the hiottest web sites around

1. According to PayPal accepting their ToS (Terms of Service) in effect means you waive your rights to credit card consumer protection laws if you want to use their service, and that you may not issue a chargeback for unauthorized use of your credit card and PayPal account, or if you do, then they have the right to limit your account. Is this legal? We don't know. But it's how Paypal operates.

2. Their customer service is horrible. They used to hide their telephone number, (intentionally - by their own admission) and only provided support via "form" emails:

"As for the customer service, Sollitto said they intentionally make the phone number very difficult to find in order to save costs."

:

"As for the customer service, Sollitto said they intentionally make the phone number very difficult to find in order to save costs."