• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paper stock (Marvel & other companies)
1 1

6 posts in this topic

So just want to go on a rant that Marvel's paper quality is going down the tube.

I just picked up Amazing Spider-Man #800 and WOW did it take me forever to find a good copy (9.8 quality) of just one of the variants!

I know this has been an issue, especially with their MCU books (with the black covers) but I never thought it would affect an important/fundamental issue like ASM #800! Their blank covers have the best card stock cover out of any variant! 

I really think this will affect the number of high grade books that we see in Marvel Comic's future if this keeps up! 

How can this be fixed (if at all)?

rantrant

11 hours ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

I remember when I was 10 back in ‘76 had to hit every spinner rack in town to find a 9.8! 

When I was 10 nobody knew what a 9.8 was or even cared what a 9.8 was, comic books were entertainment for reading and enjoyment. :preach:

I think some of the issues have more to do with whatever new printing machinery is being used. I just received a copy of one the 800 variants and like many from the last several issues there's been a 1/4" ink smudge streak on the back cover spine. this one also has a duller but wider 1/2" smudge on the left back cover edge directly across from the other smudge.  those small non color break curved indents on the front cover which appear to be from their new gripper machinery apears to be occurring on the middle of the back cover as well. 

oh, and what is up with all the spine scuffs/pinhole tears near the middle of the spine or lower spine apex?

despite these all being production related cgc is not giving them a pass like they did in the past.