• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kelowna Comic Con last year feedback?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Coming up in summer on August 25th and 26th, Kelowna Comic Con will be hosted in Kelowna B.C. (about bit over 4 hours from Vancouver). My friend and I are thinking to go there for some fun. This is the second year for the show. 

Having never been to their first inaugural show last year. So I am asking anyone who had went to there last year as a fan or as a vendor ... how was it doing? Was it good?  I tried to look up online to find if a report was written to tell how it did as a show for the first time. Only mention the cosplayers had a lot of fun there, nothing about the show itself.

if anyone have any, please share this here. Thanks. 

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:35 AM, Fan Boy said:

August 25th and 26th, Kelowna Comic Con will be hosted in Kelowna B.C. (about bit over 4 hours from Vancouver). Only mention the cosplayers had a lot of fun there, nothing about the show itself.

if anyone have any, please share this here. Thanks. 

I heard the vendors broke even on the Sat. on the raw costs of their tables. Sunday was empty in terms of attendance. Admission at the gate was a bit high last year for Kelowna market. Go if you want fresh peaches, apricots that weekend. Good Greek food in Kelowna.

10 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

I heard the vendors broke even on the Sat. on the raw costs of their tables. Sunday was empty in terms of attendance. Admission at the gate was a bit high last year for Kelowna market. Go if you want fresh peaches, apricots that weekend. Good Greek food in Kelowna.

well, if you're the only buyer in the room, that's not a bad thing...

8 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

For real? My understanding was that it was said over 1,000 people went attended into the inaugural show on the first day. Last year it was 6,000 sq size. Now this year, they are going upgrade to a 27,000 sq ft space to use. Online in their website said there would be 80 vendors plus 120 artist alley vendors/guests? Maybe this time, things might improve up.

Not sure what went wrong in what you’re said ... Sunday attendance was low?  I wondered how many comic collectors or fans lives in Kelowna or close by?

2 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

My understanding was that it was said over 1,000 people went attended into the inaugural show on the first day. they are going upgrade to a 27,000 sq ft space to use. Online in their website said there would be 80 vendors plus 120 artist alley vendors/guests? Maybe this time, things might improve up.

Not sure what went wrong in what you’re said ... Sunday attendance was low?  I wondered how many comic collectors or fans lives in Kelowna or close by?

Keep in mind, only about 10% of the general admission is interested in buying back issues. Rest want a pop culture/toy show and cosplay contest for family fun. I wish this show every success on it's expansion in their 2nd year. Surprised that their large artist alley and guest list takes 9_9 up say 100 tables for 120 guests.

11 hours ago, Bronty said:

ah.   So its well attended, but not by comics people.

Yes, that is what I gather. It seems to be. I will find out more next week at a local show with other vendors. 

" Not sure what went wrong in what you’re said ... Sunday attendance was low? "

Actually, I may have mixed up the Kelowna Fan Xpo's 3 day show March 23, 24, 25/18 which seemed to be geared towards actors, cosplay, live theater with a higher admission price vs. the 2 day Kelowna C.C. Expo. Was it on their Facebook that said Kelowna Expo would have at least 200 tables?

8 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

" Not sure what went wrong in what you’re said ... Sunday attendance was low? "

Actually, I may have mixed up the Kelowna Fan Xpo's 3 day show March 23, 24, 25/18 which seemed to be geared towards actors, cosplay, live theater with a higher admission price vs. the 2 day Kelowna C.C. Expo. Was it on their Facebook that said Kelowna Expo would have at least 200 tables?

Yes, the Kelowna Comic Con- to be exact. The August 25/26 dates, this year. Last year was took in place in October, if it is assumed true? That could explain why the attendance on Sunday was low. Likely the October month was full of other comic shows taken place at this time. 

I had checked online for last year’s show, found out it took place on Oct 22nd 2017.