• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedrock City has a beautiful new website!

19 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Please check it out and leave me some feedback here. Thanks!

Mr. B,

trying to play around with it but it's loading very slowly. Not sure if it's just me or b/c it's just the beta site but it's slow to the point I quit looking around.

On old comics, is there space to add the grade above the Price? I know I can narrow down by grade range but I want to be able to see the entire inventory and not miss, say a VG copy of a cheap Dell b/c I censored on grade though I could "pony up" on a VG copy sometimes.

The grade displayed upfront would be helpful for example for the two copies of Bozo # 5 you have, one for $75 and the other for $100. I had to click (and wait for the load) to see the more expensive one is in VF+.

Not sure that's what you're asking for.

Kept getting to the step in checkout after entering my address, but before paying and it would come up as no item in cart and kick me out. The fourth time through it worked correctly.

Monty

Thank you all for the feedback, which was exactly what I was hoping for. Sorry for the load times. We are working to greatly accelerate that first.

1 hour ago, Montezuma said:

Kept getting to the step in checkout after entering my address, but before paying and it would come up as no item in cart and kick me out. The fourth time through it worked correctly.

Monty

Thanks Monty. We are still in the process of syncing the inventory to the site so if you ordered something that the site isn't showing in inventory it will remove the sale from the cart. Let me know what exactly you were trying to order and I will check the inventory to make sure everything matches up.

I was ordering the Dell Huck Hound 10 CGC. It went through on the fourth try, so no problem. I'd put it in my cart, get through the adding address section, and it would come up "Cart empty". I'd go back to the listing and add it to my cart, which would result in the message that I couldn't add it because it was already in the cart and there was only 1 in stock. Like I said, it worked the 4th time so there no problem, just documenting the glitch for you.

6 hours ago, Montezuma said:

I was ordering the Dell Huck Hound 10 CGC. It went through on the fourth try, so no problem. I'd put it in my cart, get through the adding address section, and it would come up "Cart empty". I'd go back to the listing and add it to my cart, which would result in the message that I couldn't add it because it was already in the cart and there was only 1 in stock. Like I said, it worked the 4th time so there no problem, just documenting the glitch for you.

I really appreciate it. If you ever have any problems ordering please reach out to me here or at richard@bedrockcity.com 

Richard,

In broad strokes the new site looks quite nice.  (thumbsu

--Agree with Scrooge, displaying the grade up front would be helpful on the back issue thumbnails.

--Agree with THB, an easy link for Back Issues > New Inventory (or similar) would be helpful. I can get there with the "Created By" menu option, but it's an extra few clicks and less intuitive than before.

--I am guessing that part of the reason for the redesign might have been to adapt the site to mobile devices. IMO it is much more difficult to use on my phone than on the desktop right now. It seems like a good amount of clicking and scrolling is needed to get anywhere. When I click into Back Issues > Golden Age, I'm seeing ONE large thumbnail on my phone and have to scroll down to see more large thumbnails one at a time, which takes a lot of time. Is there a way to see a grid of smaller thumbnails and reduce the amount of scrolling needed (or perhaps the function is there already and I'm not seeing it... not sure). I would rather the mobile thumbnails be MUCH smaller and reduce the amount of scrolling.

One site with a nice balance of info on mobile is cloudninecomics.com... when I search their new arrivals on my phone, each field holds a small thumbnail, issue name and number, grade, price, "Buy It" button all in a roughly 1" x 2" horizontal field. It feels about right in terms of scrolling.

I'll check back, but that's off the top of my head. Cheers and good luck!

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

Richard,

In broad strokes the new site looks quite nice.  (thumbsu

--Agree with Scrooge, displaying the grade up front would be helpful on the back issue thumbnails.

--Agree with THB, an easy link for Back Issues > New Inventory (or similar) would be helpful. I can get there with the "Created By" menu option, but it's an extra few clicks and less intuitive than before.

--I am guessing that part of the reason for the redesign might have been to adapt the site to mobile devices. IMO it is much more difficult to use on my phone than on the desktop right now. It seems like a good amount of clicking and scrolling is needed to get anywhere. When I click into Back Issues > Golden Age, I'm seeing ONE large thumbnail on my phone and have to scroll down to see more large thumbnails one at a time, which takes a lot of time. Is there a way to see a grid of smaller thumbnails and reduce the amount of scrolling needed (or perhaps the function is there already and I'm not seeing it... not sure). I would rather the mobile thumbnails be MUCH smaller and reduce the amount of scrolling.

One site with a nice balance of info on mobile is cloudninecomics.com... when I search their new arrivals on my phone, each field holds a small thumbnail, issue name and number, grade, price, "Buy It" button all in a roughly 1" x 2" horizontal field. It feels about right in terms of scrolling.

I'll check back, but that's off the top of my head. Cheers and good luck!

There will be a mobile version shortly that will knock your socks off. And it will be very easy to find and purchase replacement socks if you need them.

Richard, I just ordered a few books. When choosing my address, it emptied my cart for some reason. I had to go back and add the books again, and it eventually went through to the next step. I deleted the old address, maybe that will eliminate the problem next time. It didn't let me use greggy's credit card, but I guess that's ok.

After clicking past the first page, the load times were fine for me.

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

There will be a mobile version shortly that will knock your socks off. And it will be very easy to find and purchase replacement socks if you need them.

Cool!

Looking at the site again on my desktop monitor... I tend to think even on the desktop the image thumbnails are too big. It's still a fair amount of scrolling to see 30 images, let alone 60 or 90. And the thumbnail size even as large as it is still isn't quite large enough to judge condition issues anyway... so in my opinion they could go quite a bit smaller without sacrificing anything. 2c

(Do you have Catman socks? Because I would love some Catman socks.)

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

(Do you have Catman socks? Because I would love some Catman socks.)

Now that would be awesome!

On 6/5/2018 at 4:29 PM, MrBedrock said:

Will you still have breathmints?

On 6/8/2018 at 2:38 PM, Transplant said:

Will you still have breathmints?

Duh

I'm also getting blocked, you should buy an SSL cert if you haven't yet done so. Google is forcing the change so that all ecommerce sites need to have the entire site SSL instead of just login and checkout otherwise it'll display as not secure. Since it's showing as a subdomain (beta) you might want to think about a wildcard cert if you have multiple sites/etc..

Edited by KolmarAvenue
Description