• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Catalog options
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hello folks! I’m looking for suggestions and recommendations for cataloging my books. I’ve found that I’m having trouble keeping track of what I buy and what I already have so sometimes end up with duplicates. I’m all ears. Thanks!

In addition to my custom Excel spreadsheet, I've been using the CLZ comic app for when I'm not at home.  It has a wishlist function along with a catalog of what you already own (there's a barcode scanner to help enter your inventory).  It also has  cover art and variants for the latest/upcoming issues.  However, it cost $15, which is a one time fee, but you can use it for up to 100 books for free.  I think that includes a cloud sync/backup

Edited by Cozmo-One

I've used the pencil and paper method for 35 years and it works for me, but it's not for everyone. It's way more time consumng than a computer program, but I enjoy doing it so it's all good.

Go to mycomicshop.com and click the sell my comics tab. They have just about every book known to man listed in many grades. List a couple hundred books, print the list, erase and start on the next box.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, Batman1fan said:

I've used the pencil and paper method for 35 years and it works for me, but it's not for everyone. It's way more time consumng than a computer program, but I enjoy doing it so it's all good.

+1. I still use index cards. It worked for libraries for well over 100 years. Easy to keep alpha-numeric, more than enough room for particular data. Easily deleted, and easily indexed.