• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Superman 24 - Classic Burnley Flag Cover!

19 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Racer-X said:

Darn back cover and rust migration.  Front has almost all orig gloss.  I'm thinking poss 4.5.

Definitely possible! And with the front so sharp it's hard to grade it lower than that. Just seems like a fair amount of staining.

10 minutes ago, Point Five said:
22 minutes ago, Racer-X said:

Darn back cover and rust migration.  Front has almost all orig gloss.  I'm thinking poss 4.5.

Definitely possible! And with the front so sharp it's hard to grade it lower than that. Just seems like a fair amount of staining.

I agree I've seen CGC do this with GA iconic covers where the front cvr was sharp.

ps i love how the ad on back claims that eating tootsie rolls makes you incredibly strong wtf

"just keep eating them it'll kick in eventually"

Edited by kav

19 minutes ago, kav said:

I agree I've seen CGC do this with GA iconic covers where the front cvr was sharp.

ps i love how the ad on back claims that eating tootsie rolls makes you incredibly strong wtf

"just keep eating them it'll kick in eventually"

it doesn't say it will make you incredibly strong-- it says you will get plenty of energy from eating them-- which is not that inaccurate as sugar will give those kids loads of energy. Though if you sit around on your arse instead of using that energy, you'll end up looking like Monster Man and start robbing banks to pay for your sugar treats and diabetes medication.

Just now, 01TheDude said:

it doesn't say it will make you incredibly strong-- it says you will get plenty of energy from eating them-- which is not that inaccurate as sugar will give those kids loads of energy. Though if you sit around on your arse instead of using that energy, you'll end up looking like Monster Man and start robbing banks to pay for your sugar treats and diabetes medication.

Yes but the subtext is Tootsie Man or whatever is able to punch out Alley Oop or whatever solely due to he eats a lot of tootsie rolls.

Technically, he didnt actually display 'lots of energy' he threw one punch.  A short burst physical activity is not 'lots of energy'.  Lets see how he fares 9 rounds in the ring.

5 minutes ago, kav said:

Yes but the subtext is Captain Tootsie Man or whatever is able to punch out Monster Man  Alley Oop or whatever solely due to he eats a lot of tootsie rolls.

Fixed some of that for you-- the assumption of Tootsie Rolls being his primary source of power and physical ability lies only with the reader-- something along the lines of Popeye + Spinach though no where near as directly correlated.

Edited by 01TheDude

32 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

Fixed some of that for you-- the assumption of Tootsie Rolls being his primary source of power and physical ability lies only with the reader-- something along the lines of Popeye + Spinach though no where near as directly correlated.

Ah yes the Sea Monkey effect.