• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four 52

7 posts in this topic

I’ve Had this for about a decade and I’m debating cracking and pressing it.  It doesn’t have any large noticeable flaws and the notes just say “interior cover tanning.”  Any idea how much that hurts a grade?  The top right front corner is glare/reflection not a crack or crease.  Any guesses on its grade?

640BE3AA-9C7E-41F5-A94E-CEECEC658280.jpeg

A7C8623F-CC91-4EE6-8D8C-13E799C3052B.jpeg

5EAC5E76-9195-4E0E-9939-F78DF3CE477D.jpeg

With some danger of being severely under graded, I go in at 9.0...and I'm basing that on a couple things.

1) the numbers in the grade both have rounded bottoms...that rules out 9.2 and 9.4. Not sure if a 9.6 can have tanning on the back cover?

2) it's much nicer than an 8.5 and that would rule out 8.0.

But, without the tanning...an easy 9.6.

This is a beautiful copy.

looking forward to see how I did

Every Grade description from 9.0 on up reads "The overall look is as if it was purchased from the newsstand". It stops saying that at 8.0. So it got dinged pretty hard because of the tanning. Anyway, it's a copy I would be proud to own.