• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! GA Funny Books...Just Added HELP Mags!
3 3

81 posts in this topic

Howdy page turners! Got a small pile of recent pickups today. Thought I'd try them here before I file them away in the boxes for a show. Got a few misc books and a bunch of cool Dell Ducks, Pigs, Woodpeckers and Wrabbits. There are just ones with cool covers or great stories. You know what I collect, but I also love the simple pleasures of fun, well written stories of books like these. I have read them all and very much enjoyed them. They will be cheap so I highly recommend you try out a few. Got a real good one at the end...

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $5.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Trump Magazine #1 January 1957

Early post MAD Harvey Kurtzman effort published by Hugh Heffner. Lavish magazine with some nice color pages. All art not photo features. Artists include Wood, Davis, Al Jaffee and an incridible fold out in full color by Will Elder featuring an Alfred E Neuman appearance!

Has a light dust shadow otherwise, bright, clean, tight and printed on very nice paper.

$50.

trump1a.jpg

trump1b.jpg

trump1c.jpg

trump1d.jpg

trump1e.jpg

trump1f.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Aces High #3 Aug 1955

Awsome WWi George Evans cover featuring a Zeppelin. Interior art by Evans, Wood, Davis and Krigstein. Man, this is a great title. EC did hands down the best war comics. Way underrated!

Tight, bright, flat complete copy. Light dust shadows on covers. First two pages have a small 1" edge tear. Just minor wear. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Nice, off white pages.

$25.

aceshigh3a.jpg

aceshigh3b.jpg

I wonder how Kurtzman got away with using an image of Alfred E. Neumann without getting sued. He and Bill Gaines were at war with each other at the time.

Hollywood Secrets #1 Nov 1949 Quality Pubs

Awsome romance book with a great 9 page Bill Ward story

Book has a fairly dark dust shadow and is tanned around cover edges. Neat upper spine split down to top staple. a few small edge chips. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Can be handled and read with care and not real brittle or flakey. A lower grade classis.

Was $35.   Now $30.

hollywoodsecrets1a.jpg

hollywoodsecrets1b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

19 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Trump Magazine #1 January 1957

Early post MAD Harvey Kurtzman effort published by Hugh Heffner. Lavish magazine with some nice color pages. All art not photo features. Artists include Wood, Davis, Al Jaffee and an incridible fold out in full color by Will Elder featuring an Alfred E Neuman appearance!

Has a light dust shadow otherwise, bright, clean, tight and printed on very nice paper.

$50.

trump1a.jpg

trump1b.jpg

trump1c.jpg

trump1d.jpg

trump1e.jpg

trump1f.jpg

Take it

Man Comics #13 April 1952 Atlas Pubs

Violent cover. Interior stories by Heath and Maneely.

Light water damage and staining. Staples are rusty and migrate inside. Minor corner tears. Nice off white interior paper. Book and centerfold bound well to covers.

Was $20.   Now $15.

man13a.jpg

man13b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Man Comics #20 Nov 1952 Atlas Pubs

Annother very violent cover!

Flat, glossy, tight and clean. Has a light "subscription" crease down the center. Some small, light wrinkles and tiny corner creases. Light wear. Smooth spine and cover is attached well to book and centerfold. Off white interior pages.

$30.

man20a.jpg

man20b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Junk is kind of expensive right now - will you be selling any Krap? (shrug)

SOLD!

OK, I said funny books so here they come. These are some very cool Dells I recently picked up. These are very fun reads and a nice alternative to the usual men in tights fare. These are all lower grade most in the good range + or - a ltttle. They will be very reasonable I think. I will just note any defects that are not shown in the photos because "I am not a professional grader"  :roflmao:  Any questions, PM me.

March of Comics #42 1949 Porky Pig

Tough to get these books from this era. I have found very few over the years. Chipped at bottom left corner. 3/8" spine tear. Nice supple paper.

$20.

marchofcomics1.jpg

marchofcomics2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Popeye Four Color #113 1946 Dell Pubs

Wonderful Bud Sagendorf art and story. A fun read! A great period for Dell.

Minor spine wear and tears at top and bottom edges. Upper right top corner missing. Light dust shadow. Slightly yellowed supple interior pages.

Was $15.  Now $10.

popeye113a.jpg

popeye113b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man