• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Men Cancelled After 7 seasons

13 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, october said:

I am floored it lasted this long. It was near unwatchable, and reinforced a lot of negative stereotypes about comic collectors. Good riddance. Take Kevin Smith with you. 

Exactly, I was surprised it was still on the air to be taken off.  I watched two episodes when it first came on and checked out.  It was horrible.

10 hours ago, october said:

I am floored it lasted this long. It was near unwatchable, and reinforced a lot of negative stereotypes about comic collectors. Good riddance. Take Kevin Smith with you. 

Sums it up perfectly. A waste of a show. Could have picked some of the top people from this board and had a much better, more interesting, respectable show. 

all comments in this thread:

:roflmao:

going to have to You Tube it. Never seen it and only kinda heard about it. Here I go......

it took everything I had to make it thru this clip:

is that alan moore?

I wonder if there will ever be a serious study of the comic book genre? Anything ( and I haven't seen EVERYTHING) I ever seen has the "Comics just aren't for kids anymore" idiotic vibe. Whomever above suggested take some folks from these boards and make a serious show re: comics is right. Never'll happen. 

this is how I feel after trying to watch any comic book kinda shows/documentaries:

Edited by NoMan
poor choice of words

Not to pile on Kevin Smith (which means it probably will) BUT...

- The show was horrible.  Looked like a high school production

- Kevin Smith...overrated

- His movies...overrated

- His best acting is being silent

- His opinions are so pro-comic skewed.  A comic movie has to be nearly unwatchable for him to not like it

Having said all of that, I like the guy.  He is passionate about comics and has made a lot of money (I don't know how) because of that passion.  I try to support his projects but most are awful.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, NoMan said:

it took everything I had to make it thru this clip:

I also didn't realize this show was still even on, but more to the point I couldn't remember why I never watched it to begin with...until I watched this clip, which definitely reminded me why.

8 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I just watched an episode. I makes me not want to collect comics and the desire to beat myself up.-_-

My wife and I would get a laugh watching after the tension of the earlier episode of the walking dead.  Staged for sure and they weren’t very knowledgeable but cast was funny and they gave nice exposure to the hobby I love. 

15 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

My wife and I would get a laugh watching after the tension of the earlier episode of the walking dead.  Staged for sure and they weren’t very knowledgeable but cast was funny and they gave nice exposure to the hobby I love. 

To each their own.

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Just some of the questions they would ask the visitor about the relevance of the books brought in made me wonder what comic books do they specialize in. Other than the latest books that sell for $2.99 (+).