• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Iron Man 55

10 posts in this topic

I apologize for the quality. My fiances dad has no scanner and tried to get decent photos. If you want to see more pictures of a spot zoomed in I can definitely get them. Thank you!

His message to me: "Iron Man #55- light creases on spine, small knick out of back cover corner, a bit dirty, wear around to staple, off-white pages."

received_2107269239283881.jpeg.b78c61a9ffbe149b6b6431e40ed78407.jpeg

received_2107269222617216.jpeg

received_2107269249283880.jpeg

received_2107269282617210.jpeg

received_2107269259283879.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Hordfest said:

@Not A CloneI don't know. I'll ask him. Is there a picture angle that would help determine that better?

All the copies I've seen have a little white above the black "Marvel Comics Group". Looks like the comic code seal is cut of too. Could just be a bad cut. Here's an example ...

RAD7D58D2018430_225910.jpg

Edited by Not A Clone

1 hour ago, Hordfest said:

Thank you. I sent him a message I'll let you know what I hear. Does trimming suggest it's a fake or worthless? 

not at all.  Someone may have trimmed off a bit of the book which will drop the price quite a bit (maybe in half)

I talked to the owner and he says it's original with a bad cut.  As he pointed out to me, the 9.4 that @Not A Clone linked has a shorter bottom than his by about the same amount that is missing from the top. After comparing the two images, it makes sense to me and there appears to clearly be a difference so I bet it was just a bad cut.

27 minutes ago, Hordfest said:

I talked to the owner and he says it's original with a bad cut.  As he pointed out to me, the 9.4 that @Not A Clone linked has a shorter bottom than his by about the same amount that is missing from the top. After comparing the two images, it makes sense to me and there appears to clearly be a difference so I bet it was just a bad cut.

I agree, a bad cut. I've seen this a lot and had a few Spideys like it - top missing and much more bottom than normal!

The pictures aren't the greatest but I'll take a guess at 4.0 to 4.5. It looks a little grubby, as you said.

A couple of graded 5.0's sold on ebay for approx $500 recently.

Not a bad book to have in any grade - good luck selling it :wishluck:

2 hours ago, Hordfest said:

That's good news! Didn't even notice the bottom lol.