• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Church Pre-Hero Adventure Comics
1 1

32 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2018 at 11:15 AM, sacentaur said:

Love these books! :luhv:

I've spoken in the past with another boardie about the Church Adventure 37, and we don't know where it is.

Regarding even earlier issues, the Church Adventure 20 was stolen from Harley.

This is the only Church pre-hero Adventure that I own:

NA24Church.jpg

What is the ‘letter’ in front of the  ‘1’ on the pencil notation. Doesn’t look like a C,D, or M.

1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

It's a D.  On the Church books from that era, the --script sometimes looked like a sideways 8.  Here's a similar example.

NewAdv.29(MH).jpg

That's such a ridiculously nice book.  Still pains me that you outbid me for it when Gary Keller had his fire sale.

1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

It's a D.  On the Church books from that era, the --script sometimes looked like a sideways 8.  Here's a similar example.

NewAdv.29(MH).jpg

Man...what a cover. I've never even seen one of those. A bit off topic, but Gene Carpenter came by for a visit and asked me to give you his regards. He told me a story of San Diego and the "nicest copies in existence" of, IIRC, More Fun 5,6, and 7 ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

2 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

NewAdv.29(MH).jpg

Just an A M A Z I N G copy!!! It's also the only one I've seen that doesn't have "cream" in the page quality description. Your 32 is also unbelievable!!! THAT book seldom comes on the market for sale. I owned a lower grade copy in the 90s & wish I still had it. Well done RHG!!! :applause:

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

Just an A M A Z I N G copy!!! It's also the only one I've seen that doesn't have "cream" in the page quality description. Your 32 is also unbelievable!!! THAT book seldom comes on the market for sale. I owned a lower grade copy in the 90s & wish I still had it. Well done RHG!!! :applause:

Thanks FL.

1 hour ago, tth2 said:

That's such a ridiculously nice book.  Still pains me that you outbid me for it when Gary Keller had his fire sale.

Sorry Tim (not really) :foryou:

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

Man...what a cover. I've never even seen one of those. A bit off topic, but Gene Carpenter came by for a visit and asked me to give you his regards. He told me a story of San Diego and the "nicest copies in existence" of, IIRC, More Fun 5,6, and 7 ?

Thanks for passing on Gene's regards Jimbo, please give him mine in return.  I'm surprised he remembers me because that transaction occurred a very long time ago.  The books were actually issues of New Comics rather than More Funs, but he's right about how nice they are.

NewComics5.JPG

NewComics6.JPG

6 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Thanks for passing on Gene's regards Jimbo, please give him mine in return.  I'm surprised he remembers me because that transaction occurred a very long time ago.  The books were actually issues of New Comics rather than More Funs, but he's right about how nice they are.

NewComics5.JPG

NewComics6.JPG

Will do brother..... and it was my error as to the titles. Gene is one of those people who remembers EVERYTHING..... He misses SDCC but it just became prohibitive to set up. GOD BLESS...

5 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Will do brother..... and it was my error as to the titles. Gene is one of those people who remembers EVERYTHING..... He misses SDCC but it just became prohibitive to set up. GOD BLESS...

Gene is a great guy. I've just gotten to know him over the past couple of years