• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm done with the ones that use to be across the street
2 2

93 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Pat,

Good to hear. On a side note, I am still getting together my next sub to CGC. At the rate that I'm assembling it, it may be 2020 before it reaches CGC.

Good luck! I have a box shipping to @joeypost this afternoon for some love and squishing.

10 hours ago, namisgr said:

This is something that has transpired with CGC grading nearly every year during and immediately after the summer convention season.  Do you vent then as well?

Nope. Submitted in spring

Edited by etowah1123
Explained

21 hours ago, Jerkfro said:
On 7/2/2018 at 8:33 PM, oakman29 said:

Why not just keep them raw?

Why not indeed? Raw bananas are best

Now my pants are chafing me.

On 7/3/2018 at 11:10 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

I can't remember names for anything...but I numbers? Numbers are easy. Am I an idiot-savant? Or just an idiot? ;)

It's why I feel for people who need a list to keep track of comics they don't have. I've never needed one, because I can remember almost all of them. 

And if I've taken a mental snapshot of where something is, I can nearly always find it. Moving things drives me up the wall, because then I can't find anything.

But ask me what someone's name is that I met a week ago? Forget it. Ain't happening.

just learned this:

when meeting someone new:

clear your mind or slow down whatever thoughts are racing through your head,

after hearing their name try to repeat their name back 2-3x: once as confirmation and again informing that it's nice to meet them and try to work it into whatever small talk or conversation a third time.

but most importantly, while you are hearing their name immediately take a mental picture of their face and come up with an image of something related to their name and picture it somehow attached to their face or smashing into their face:

example: 

Mike: picture a microphone coming out of their nose or ear.

John: picture a toilet on their head.

Paul: phonetically similar to Ball, picture a ball hitting them in the head.

the more absurd the better and always use the same image for the same name. 

it takes a little practice but the next time you meet another John you will associate that new persons face with a toilet which will allow you to automatically recall the nmonic associated with their face.

for long foreign complicated names, it helps to break it up phonetically and picture things that sound similar.

36 minutes ago, justafan said:

just learned this:

after hearing their name try to repeat their name back 2-3x: once as confirmation and again informing that it's nice to meet them and try to work it into whatever small talk or conversation a third time.

but most importantly, while you are hearing their name immediately take a mental picture of their face and come up with an image of something related to their name and picture it somehow attached to their face or smashing into their face:

example: 

it takes a little practice but the next time you meet another John you will associate that new persons face with a toilet which will allow you to automatically recall the nmonic associated with their face.

for long foreign complicated names, it helps to break it up phonetically and picture things that sound similar.

...or use a cell phone, take a picture, and type their name into the cellphone with the picture. Dazzle your acquaintances.:banana: (you will get a Twonky for it).

Then face recognition of "friends" the next big thing.

1 hour ago, justafan said:

just learned this:

example: 

What if their name is Rick....or Deloras......

:whee:

Edited by W16227

On 7/2/2018 at 9:53 AM, The Resurrection said:

....and we have had submitters that have repeatedly called and challenged grades given and had them adjusted accordingly in some cases.

:whatthe:

Tell me more...