• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Brave & Bold 30

13 posts in this topic

I picked this up in early June and don't have plans to part with it any time soon. I did a lot of research on the net before buying it. Felt that for the money, this was a pretty decent buy. It does have a bit of staple rust, but no migration as far as I can tell.

Personally I'm leaning to the 3.5-4.0 range and would appreciate your input. On a side note, I am having minor surgery tomorrow. Will have to be off my foot for 48 hours, so I may not be able to check in. Maybe I can jigger this on my phone.

Thanks in advance! (BTW the spine should be visible, no damage there).

1abb30.jpg

1abb30bc.jpg

1abb30pg.jpg

20 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I'm only at 3,5 with this. Good luck with the op!

This. An accumulation of flaws typical of VG to VG-, and if those staples are rusting, that'll push the overall to no more than 3.5.

It will sell at 4.5 level however, due to exceptional colors (pinks, yellow, reds = like new), an absence of cover marring flaws, and an unusually strong back cover for an overall lower grade book. This is what books stored long term in environments other than attics or other areas of high heat look like! (worship)

Edited by James J Johnson

15 hours ago, D84 said:

I'm on board with 3.5, cream to off-white.

How'd the foot surgery go?

It went well thanks. It was minor to remove what they thought was going to be a ganglion cyst. They're not sure what it was, but it wasn't malignant. since there was less digging to do, I was able to recover on schedule.

My wife had surgery two weeks ago. The heel was moved, screwed into place and the arch was rebuilt. The tendon thankfully wasn't shredded, so we got to skip the tendon transplant, just had to be sewn back together. The ligament had a hole in it, which was easily repairable. The tough thing is she can't put any weight on her foot for six weeks.