• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Streak #6 confusion...

13 posts in this topic

I was tempted to go all out on this one on Ebay till I examined the scan.  It's a silver streak #6, listed as 7.0.  I emailed the seller and asked if it was OG or a reprint.  They never got back to me so I let it go.  The black along the top and right edges looks like a photocopy?  reprint?  All the previously auctioned books I found had nothing like it.  Also, I noticed some books say "15cents  in Canada" below the price on the cover and some don't.  It went for $6600.  Can anyone clarify what this is?  Thanks!

Silver Streak #6?.png

Edited by Frank Grow
bad grammar

2 hours ago, Frank Grow said:

I was tempted to go all out on this one on Ebay till I examined the scan.  It's a silver streak #6, listed as 7.0.  I emailed the seller and asked if it was OG or a reprint.  They never got back to me so I let it go.  The black along the top and right edges looks like a photocopy?  reprint?  All the previously auctioned books I found had nothing like it.  Also, I noticed some books say "15cents  in Canada" below the price on the cover and some don't.  It went for $6600.  Can anyone clarify what this is?  Thanks!

Silver Streak #6?.png

That looks a lot like Alan Light's reprint of SS #6 from the early 70's.  If so, it would have faded B&W interiors.  The actual value in VF (8.0) is around $30 as a collectible fanzine.  At least, that's what Metro has a copy of the misprinted color-reversed variant priced on their site.  One of the "tells" in respect to Alan's reprints is the type of color wear near the spine.  The color covers Alan produced were of thick card stock and not glossy, nothing like GA comics.  The cut looks the same as the reprint as well.  If the dealer got $6600 for the fan reprint and the listing was for a copy of the original comic, the buyer was seriously scammed; consider yourself lucky.

BTW, if it hasn't been mentioned already, WTTB! (thumbsu

Edited by Cat-Man_America
Welcome To The Boards added