• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What were the print runs......

2 posts in this topic

Of the top 10 GA books according to The OSPG and how many do you think survived ? ( unrestored, restored, incomplete ) 

Hoping someone has some facts and reasonable estimates ( as well as willing to put in the legwork to respond to my question :)   Even if you have info on 1 I would find it interesting.  Apologize if this question has been asked for singular books that would qualify in years past. 

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 7/7/2018 at 6:02 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Of the top 10 GA books according to The OSPG and how many do you think survived ? ( unrestored, restored, incomplete ) 

Hoping someone has some facts and reasonable estimates ( as well as willing to put in the legwork to respond to my question :)   Even if you have info on 1 I would find it interesting.  Apologize if this question has been asked for singular books that would qualify in years past. 

With respect to the second part of your question, I think there was a discussion in a fairly recent thread about the number of copies of Action 1 that are likely to have survived.

My own guess is that at this late date, probably 80% to 90% of the top 10 GA books have been slabbed by CGC and so are on the census.  For instance, there are 69 copies (40 blue, 28 restored, and 1 qualified) of Action 1 on the census.  I don't know if these are all different copies or a resub or two (or three or more) are included.  At any rate, it seems reasonable to think that there aren't more than 7 to 10 or so ungraded copies out there.  I would be very surprised if there were as many as 20.

Speculating, of course, so I could be wrong, but there's really no way to know.