• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird Slabbing Question

4 posts in this topic

Okay, I'm guessing this one doesn't come up often.  Is there a record of what comics have been slabbed that can be accessed by people who don't slab their own comics?  I'm a longtime collector who recently started publishing my own comics (They're called Sitcomics and here's the link to prove it) for the past few years with artists like Ron Frenz, Sal Buscema, Al Milgrom, Craig Rousseau, Jeff Shultz and Tom Richmond and soon with writers Roger Stern and Todd Dezago.  I'm selling all my Silver Age and Bronze comics to pay to publish them.  I'm selling lots of nice keys but I've never slabbed a single comic and I probably never will.  But I'd be fascinated to find out if any of the comics I publish have been slabbed?

The titles are The Blue Baron (2 issues), Super 'Suckers (4 issues), Startup (2 issues), Telepathetic (1 issue) and Z-People (1 issue). Is there any way I can find out if any of them have been slabbed?

1 hour ago, Sitcomics said:

The titles are The Blue Baron (2 issues), Super 'Suckers (4 issues), Startup (2 issues), Telepathetic (1 issue) and Z-People (1 issue). Is there any way I can find out if any of them have been slabbed? 

It looks like there is a Blue Baron #1 (CGC 8.5) and Super 'Suckers #1 (CGC 9.6) on the census, like Comicquant mentioned.

Must be a pretty neat thing to see something you published in a CGC case! Congratulations!

Thanks for both the link and the info!  It is pretty cool to see that my comics have been graded.  I can visualize that CGC grader staring at each page, scouring it for flaws and defects.  Good thing they don’t actually READ the comic because they’d find plenty.  (I kid.)