• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is there an average price to have a commission drawn?

15 posts in this topic

shy.gif

I've found an artist who's work i really like and im thinking about getting him to do a commission piece for me. I've never done anything like this before and am curious as to if there is any average price for this?

I reckon the more well known the artist the more expensive it is? And Obv. a colour piece of art will be a little more expensive than a sketch. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Okay, to answer your question. It depends greatly on the artist. A single character pencil & ink drawing could range from $100 to $500 or more. A full cover recreation could be four digits (that's over $1000 smirk.gif).

What are you wanting commissioned?

Here's a novel idea. Try asking the artist? confused-smiley-013.gif
I'm not THAT stupid yeahok.gif I asked him but he told me to leave him an idea of what he wants and he will get back to me on monday as he is at a con this weekend. I just wanted to get a general idea of what it might cost me poke2.gif