• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proper eBay etiquette

11 posts in this topic

While trolling eBay this morning I found two items I was interested in bidding on but I'm fairly certain that a forum member has high bid on them currently. I assume that all public auction websites are free-for-all and treated as such. But I know what happens when one tends to assume and since I'm realitively new to these forums I just wanted to check and make sure that I wouldn't be somebody off if I was to bid against them.

Nah, just bid against them. Some members may make arrangements not to bid against each other IF the items is something that they really want! However, I doubt any of them would mind if you bid against them. Bidding them up just for fun may be a different matter! frown.gif

Unless it's Darth. Then we all track his bids and bid him up.

Agreed! That fokker set a snipe and bid me up on a book WHILE we were chatting on MSN messenger once! shocked.gif

Cost me an additional $50+! mad.gifwink.gif

Unfortunately, he normally doesn't bid on anything that I want so revenge is kinda tough! frown.gif

It happens quite often. One fellow collector (& occasional forum poster) & I were the only bidders on a book that is valued at Overstreet Guide at around $20. The book was slabbed NM & ended up selling for $150.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll keep an eye on the auctions and maybe I'll throw a bid down on the items right before they close. smirk.gif

mode>

Bidding them up just for fun may be a different matter!

Nah, not my style and I don't use sniping software either. I do all my sniping the old fashion way. I set the alarm clock to go off at 3:00am and by 3:12 when the auction closes I'm top bidder, usually. smile.gif

This has happened to me I see an auction that I have a question on. it's a coin that I realy want and for one reason or another I put up a link on the coin side asking for advice. Another member see's it from the question I ask and he decides to bid on it. CHRIS