• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Collection

6 posts in this topic

Obviously, I am a new collector. At the moment, I have a nice collection of Spider-Man 2099's original run (whether any 1st editions in this are apparent, I do not know) I have Doom 2099 (#1 and #2). A holographic Venom: Lethal Protector #1? (My #1 Spider-Man 2099 is holo and a 25 edition...anniversary??? along with the Doom 2099 #1.) I have Death of Superman #2? I think I'm not sure. I've got the Core series of Edge of Spiderverse, a few extras with it. I found Paradise X #2 recently, along with Scarlet Spider: Cyber War 2 of 2. And many many many more. 

Honestly, whether they are worth anything, or not, doesn't matter a whole lot to me. I want to put my Lethal Protector and SM 2099 #1 in plastic cases and hang up on my wall. I enjoyed those comics a lot, they got me into this stuff, but I wont wanna fool myself. Any pointers? Am I going about this correct? I want to be serious about this hobby, but I dont want to just get whatever. I want to get all the Spider-Man 2099 both original and new wave stuff, Venom's Lethal Protector, and Agent Venom even the Thunderbolts run of him. I have a hard time getting into DC Comics, even the New 52 and Rebirth stuff is kinda hard for me to enjoy, though I do like Red Hood's new stuff. Azrael is pretty cool, and Super Girl being a Red Lantern was pretty awesome, and Injustice, but other than that I could go on for ever with Marvel stuff...unless it's Ultimate Spider-Man....the one time I didn't like Carnage. 

Any who Ima hush up now.  

10 minutes ago, Michael2099 said:

Obviously, I am a new collector. At the moment, I have a nice collection of Spider-Man 2099's original run (whether any 1st editions in this are apparent, I do not know) I have Doom 2099 (#1 and #2). A holographic Venom: Lethal Protector #1? (My #1 Spider-Man 2099 is holo and a 25 edition...anniversary??? along with the Doom 2099 #1.) I have Death of Superman #2? I think I'm not sure. I've got the Core series of Edge of Spiderverse, a few extras with it. I found Paradise X #2 recently, along with Scarlet Spider: Cyber War 2 of 2. And many many many more. 

Honestly, whether they are worth anything, or not, doesn't matter a whole lot to me. I want to put my Lethal Protector and SM 2099 #1 in plastic cases and hang up on my wall. I enjoyed those comics a lot, they got me into this stuff, but I wont wanna fool myself. Any pointers? Am I going about this correct? I want to be serious about this hobby, but I dont want to just get whatever. I want to get all the Spider-Man 2099 both original and new wave stuff, Venom's Lethal Protector, and Agent Venom even the Thunderbolts run of him. I have a hard time getting into DC Comics, even the New 52 and Rebirth stuff is kinda hard for me to enjoy, though I do like Red Hood's new stuff. Azrael is pretty cool, and Super Girl being a Red Lantern was pretty awesome, and Injustice, but other than that I could go on for ever with Marvel stuff...unless it's Ultimate Spider-Man....the one time I didn't like Carnage. 

Any who Ima hush up now.  

I don't think any of this stuff is valuable. You may consider simply buying your favorites already slabbed. If you go through all the time and expense of getting your personal copies slabbed and they don't grade out, you lose. You really need 9.8's for this kind of stuff to be worth slabbing.

2 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't think any of this stuff is valuable. You may consider simply buying your favorites already slabbed. If you go through all the time and expense of getting your personal copies slabbed and they don't grade out, you lose. You really need 9.8's for this kind of stuff to be worth slabbing.

+1

on the other hand, if there are certain books you've had for years that you PERSONALLY LOVE and want to preserve, you certainly can pay to have those graded and slabbed, as opposed to buying slabs.  Many of us do that as well, even if it doesn't specifically seem 'worth it' from a purely financial POV.  But you should do that with the expectation that they will likely LOSE MONEY (technically) should you ever decide to sell.  But everyone has a different internal math to do.  I would say just read through some of the threads here on the boards and maybe check out the CGC website as well as completed sales prices on ebay before making any spending decisions about grading.  Specifically, in the 'Comics General' subforum there's a thread about 'Comic Rooms' you can check out for display ideas. 

Sounds like you've already got some good ideas about content you're interested in, so just start there.  Obviously there's a TON of content out there now.  You can even consider Marvel Unlimited, which is digital comics for your tablet (a great value for catching up on older comics).

When you say "hang on walls", what exactly do you have in mind?  Like @revat said, there is a 'Comic Rooms' subforum where people really deck out their pads.  If by "in plastic cases" you mean slabs/CGC cases, then you're probably better off buying them slabbed instead of buying raw and then submitting without knowing in advance what they'll grade out as.  However, if you just wanted to put your books in a nice frame for presentation, there are a range of options.  From the cheap plastic BCW frames to this cheap IKEA hack to more expensive custom framing options.

On ‎2018‎/‎07‎/‎16 at 12:36 PM, Michael2099 said:

Any who Ima hush up now.  

Put your books in mylite 2's with backing boards and place them on a display shelf that you put up.

If they must be in plastic cases buy some golden age sized top loaders.