• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritagecomics.com on ebay and their grading

6 posts in this topic

Has anybody purchases books from the above mentioned seller and if you have were the books in the described conditions? Their feedback rating is superb but was curious if anybody had first hand experience with seller. Thanks.

I bought a raw book from them last year. I had it CGCed and it came back a full grade lower (Heritage claimed 7.0, CGC gave it 6.0) .

They did say it was returnable, but I figured taking the hit on the CGCing and the postage wasn't worth what I could sell it for. It turns out that I made about a 5% profit on the book, including CGC cost.

The above situation again attesting to the fact that the grading system has a long way to go before you can get it down to the nearest half grade between two different graders.Chucking the 100 point system was a good start,but more progress needs to be made...

I've purchased a few raw books from them. I've noticed that their 9.2-9.4's fall into the 9.0-9.2 range with very few falling in the 9.4 range. Their 8.0-8.5 grades are really bad and have fallen into the FN+ range for me. Basically stick with their higher grade material. Hope that helps

Thanks for the info guys. This forum has been a wealth of information for me. The books in question have been given a grade of 9.0 - 9.4 I belive. I just wanted to make sure that they wouldn't arrive as 5.0. tongue.gif