• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I locate a local grader in Kansas

3 posts in this topic

I recently inherited all my mom's wonderful antiques. Among them was a box of comic books that she had for probably 30 years. Among them, I found "Tales to Astonish" # 13. :whee:It was mixed in with about 150 other comic books, all from the 50's and 60's. I know a little about antiques, but NOTHING about comics! Since GROOT appears to be very popular, I probably need to have it graded.  Compared to many other comics in the box, it seems to be in ok condition for being in a box for 30 years unprotected. Far from perfect but not brittle or falling apart. There was only 1 authorized dealer listed for Ks, and that shop is closed. I am also not thrilled about mailing it anywhere! Where do I go from here?

20180716_211944.jpg

20180716_212121.jpg

30 minutes ago, Mendee said:

I recently inherited all my mom's wonderful antiques. Among them was a box of comic books that she had for probably 30 years. Among them, I found "Tales to Astonish" # 13. :whee:It was mixed in with about 150 other comic books, all from the 50's and 60's. I know a little about antiques, but NOTHING about comics! Since GROOT appears to be very popular, I probably need to have it graded.  Compared to many other comics in the box, it seems to be in ok condition for being in a box for 30 years unprotected. Far from perfect but not brittle or falling apart. There was only 1 authorized dealer listed for Ks, and that shop is closed. I am also not thrilled about mailing it anywhere! Where do I go from here?

There is no such thing as a local grader. Send it to CGC. The website has all the answers. Start here............

https://www.cgccomics.com/services/index.aspx

If you are hesitant to mail but want to submit to CGC for grading, there are sometimes CGC booths at major (and sometimes minor) comic book shows.  You can go to the CGC website and see if they're coming to a show near you.  If they are, you can drop the book off with them (and they can help you fill out all the forms at the booth), they will take it back to florida with them, grade it, and mail it back to you. 

** In a few VERY rare cases, CGC does ONSITE grading at a comic convention and you can submit the book at the show and get it back later that day (or maybe the next day?).  You can check the CGC calendar on the website for that as well.