• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Dad's Collection

7 posts in this topic

So, I recently got into collecting certain Spiderman comics a few months back and have amassed arcs such as Maximum Carnage, Carnage's introduction arc, and significant events such as the first appearances of the black symbiote suite and the 30th Anniversary issues as well as others. My dad noticed my interest and showed me his collection of comics that he got when he was a kid. As shown in the pictures, he has Marvel comics, DC, Star Wars, and a few others. Most of them are in pretty good condition too. Of course they are interesting to me! I am now wondering if any of these had any significance/value to them, just out of curiosity, since they are older. As I get more experienced with this hobby I realize that these in particular may not be very valuable, but it doesn't hurt to find out. 

comic1.jpeg

comic2.jpeg

comic3.jpeg

If you'd like a ballpark estimate on value you can use these websites: comicbookrealm.com, comicspriceguide.com, or comics.gocollect.com. You could also search sold listings on ee bay. There is a book called the Overstreet Price Guide that will give you an idea of the value as well.

If you would like a specific value attached to each book you would have to become proficient at the art of grading comic books. The value of books will vary depending on their condition.

On 7/21/2018 at 9:50 AM, Michael5479 said:

So, I recently got into collecting certain Spiderman comics a few months back and have amassed arcs such as Maximum Carnage, Carnage's introduction arc, and significant events such as the first appearances of the black symbiote suite and the 30th Anniversary issues as well as others. My dad noticed my interest and showed me his collection of comics that he got when he was a kid. As shown in the pictures, he has Marvel comics, DC, Star Wars, and a few others. Most of them are in pretty good condition too. Of course they are interesting to me! I am now wondering if any of these had any significance/value to them, just out of curiosity, since they are older. As I get more experienced with this hobby I realize that these in particular may not be very valuable, but it doesn't hurt to find out. 

comic1.jpeg

comic2.jpeg

comic3.jpeg

Sorry but I do not see anything of significant value. Depending on condition, most look like they would all be in the 1.00 - 5.00 range.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, jas1vans said:

If you'd like a ballpark estimate on value you can use these websites: comicbookrealm.com, comicspriceguide.com, or comics.gocollect.com. You could also search sold listings on ee bay. There is a book called the Overstreet Price Guide that will give you an idea of the value as well.

If you would like a specific value attached to each book you would have to become proficient at the art of grading comic books. The value of books will vary depending on their condition.

Thanks, I'll definitely check out those sites and that book!

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:28 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

Sorry but I do not see anything of significant value. Depending on condition, most look like they would all be in the 1.00 - 5.00 range.

Yeah, I figured they wouldn't be worth much, just thought I'd make sure. Thanks for helping out though!

The Frank Miller Daredevil would be most in demand, but 80s Wonder Womans are steady sellers.  The Unknown Worlds of Science Fiction would be my favorite of the lot because my favorite artist worked on a few of those, but that copy is a reader.