• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman: HUSH - Animated Movie (2019)

28 posts in this topic

IGN has the exclusive scoop for you on who’s playing who in Batman: Hush, the next DC Universe Original Movie from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, as well as a brand new first look photo from the feature-length, animated feature film.

The film brings back many DC Universe Original Movie veterans, including:

• Jason O’Mara, who reprises the role of Batman 
  • Jennifer Morrison as Selina Kyle
  • Jerry O’Connell as Superman
  • Maury Sterling (Homeland) as Thomas Elliot
  • Rebecca Romijn as Lois Lane
  • Rainn Wilson as Lex Luthor
  • Sean Maher as Nightwing
  • Bruce Thomas as Jim Gordon
  • Stuart Allan as Damian Wayne
  • James Garrett as Alfred
  • Geoffrey Arend as Riddler
  • Vanessa Williams as Amanda Waller
  • Jason Spisak as Joker
  • Adam Gifford as Bane
  • Dachie Alessio as Lady Shiva
  • Peyton List plays dual roles as Batgirl and Poison Ivy
  • Tara Strong voices Reporter
  • Directed by Justin Copeland and written by Ernie Altbacker

September 30, 2019

:whatthe:

I miss when the DC animated movies tried to follow the art style of the comic.  This is more of the generic animation they've been putting out recently.

Also, Hush was overstuffed with characters to begin with so why add Amanda Waller, Bane and Damien Wayne? 

I'm worried this will be another "The Killing Joke."

19 minutes ago, D84 said:

I miss when the DC animated movies tried to follow the art style of the comic.  This is more of the generic animation they've been putting out recently.

Also, Hush was overstuffed with characters to begin with so why add Amanda Waller, Bane and Damien Wayne

I'm worried this will be another "The Killing Joke."

They were in the story? (shrug)

Damien Wayne didn't appear until Batman 655.  Hush ended in 619.

I just thumbed through my trade and can't find Bane, but I was wrong about Amanda Waller.  She is in 3 panels.

Edited by D84

16 minutes ago, D84 said:

Damien Wayne didn't appear until Batman 655.  Hush ended in 619.

I just thumbed through my trade and can't find Bane, but I was wrong about Amanda Waller.  She is in 3 panels.

Was asking. Not telling.

But I do know Amanda Waller is in the story as when this news came out I started reading up on the story. Just like it having Killer Croc, The Riddler, Joker and so much more. I was blown away by the list.

17 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Was asking. Not telling.

But I do know Amanda Waller is in the story as when this news came out I started reading up on the story. Just like it having Killer Croc, The Riddler, Joker and so much more. I was blown away by the list.

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

6 minutes ago, D84 said:

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

No worries at all.

Now with inserting Damien when he wasn't even around when the story came out, is it because they are tying this in to the previous animated movies (Son of Batman, Batman v Robin, Batman: Bad Blood, Teen Titans: Judas Contract, Justice League vs Teen Titans)?

I'd have to applaud them for this if it was motivated by being consistent based on the multiple uses. Especially if they are trying to make this stories next steps in the adventure.

Edited by Bosco685

18 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Hush and Death In The Family are the two best Batman stories ever told:sumo:.

Batman 608 (second print) is the best Batman cover ever:sumo:.

There are so many great covers. Even the Todd McFarlane Batman #423 where he also included a Batman symbol for his signature.

Looks like the physical (bluray, DVD) release date has been moved up.

DC ANIMATION RESOURCE: “Batman: Hush” Physical Media, DC Universe Release Date Pushed Up To August 6, 2019, New Image

Batman-HUSH-PUB-13.jpg

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced Batman: Hush, the highly-anticipated upcoming DC Universe Movie animated feature, will now hit physical media and the DC Universe streaming service on August 6, 2019. The previous release date was August 13, 2019. Batman: Hush adapts the seminal DC classic tale, which centers on a shadowy new villain known only as Hush, who uses Gotham’s Rogues Gallery to destroy Batman’s crime-fighting career, as well as Bruce Wayne’s personal life – which has already been complicated by a relationship with Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has moved up its physical release date for Batman: Hush, the next entry in the popular series of DC Universe Movies. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC, the feature-length animated film will arrive one week earlier than originally announced, now coming to 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and the DC Universe streaming service on August 6, 2019. The film retains its Digital release date of July 20, 2019.

An adaptation of the seminal DC classic tale, Batman: Hush centers on a shadowy new villain known only as Hush, who uses Gotham’s Rogues Gallery to destroy Batman’s crime-fighting career, as well as Bruce Wayne’s personal life – which has already been complicated by a relationship with Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman.

Batman: Hush will be available on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack ($39.99 SRP) and Blu-ray Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP) as well as on Digital ($19.99 HD). The 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack features an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc in 4K with HDR and a Blu-ray disc featuring the film; the Blu-ray Combo Pack features the film in hi-definition. The 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Combo Pack include a digital version of the film.

Bonus features on Batman: Hush include the all-new DC Showcase animated short, Sgt. Rock; a fascinating featurette focused on Selina Kyle/Catwoman entitled “Batman: Love in Time of War;” an Audio Commentary featuring executive producer James Tucker, director Justin Copeland and screenwriter Ernie Altbacker; a sneak peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Wonder Woman: Bloodlines; and two episodes from The Batman/Superman Hour.