• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers Issue 2

18 posts in this topic

I am new to this. Please grade me and let me know if you would slab. All pages intact back cover is complete and front cover is attached. I tried to post those pictures too but too big. Thanks!

35B934CC-9780-428C-911F-C8C1BDADF26B.jpeg

The pic is cropped at the bottom where it looks like the most damage is. Yes, very low grade. From what I can see, maybe a 3.0, worse if there is more damage we cannot see. IMO, I would not bother slabbing. At this level, it is more a reader copy than a collectable.

10 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

The pic is cropped at the bottom where it looks like the most damage is. Yes, very low grade. From what I can see, maybe a 3.0, worse if there is more damage we cannot see. IMO, I would not bother slabbing. At this level, it is more a reader copy than a collectable.

Even for a 3.0 grade it would be worth approximately $150-$200 depending on FMV. At what point do you decide to slab? Below is a better picture of the bottom

8 minutes ago, DMBSG said:

Even for a 3.0 grade it would be worth approximately $150-$200 depending on FMV. At what point do you decide to slab? Below is a better picture of the bottom

I see raws in 2.0 offered on E-Bay and Mycomicshop for more than 200.00 . At a certain point, you may get more interest in it raw as either a reader copy or to use with a married cover. At this point, YOU have to do the math. Figure out what it would cost you to slab, with shipping. 

THanks for all the feedback. I am new at this so I don’t know a lot. It seems like a relatively rare copy. Even though it isn’t the highest grade part of me is wanting to slab it. Just to preserve it and hang on to. 

However, when it comes to other comics. I have a bunch of golden age and silver age that could be worth $50 - $300 or more depending on grade. When do you all decide to slab something or not?

3 hours ago, DMBSG said:

THanks for all the feedback. I am new at this so I don’t know a lot. It seems like a relatively rare copy. Even though it isn’t the highest grade part of me is wanting to slab it. Just to preserve it and hang on to. 

However, when it comes to other comics. I have a bunch of golden age and silver age that could be worth $50 - $300 or more depending on grade. When do you all decide to slab something or not?

Deciding to slab should be a personal decision.  1) Do you want to preserve the book for sentimental value?  2) is the book some kind of key that could raise in price eventually over time?  3) does it make financial sense to send a book to get graded that in the end would only be worth slightly more graded?

13 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

a comic should probably b worth at least 150.00  2 consider certification process.  I used to think 100.00 was good enough but i have upped my price since then. Age and rarity can play a factor also.

p.s.  I like Eric's comments ...i would go with that

If you owned this would you do it?

a 2.0 Avengers # 2  goes for about 114.00    so it's border-line .....but down da road after its worth more.....if it's a 3.0 ( i don't think so ) it would b worth about 175.00    my prices tend 2 b somewhat conservative but remember a comic is only worth what someone is willing to pay...not what someone on ebay is asking...

p.s. if it was mine and i graded it a 2.0 after careful examination ...i think i would sit on it and save da certification money in my checking account 4 now. I would b very careful with how i store it ( not crammed in a box with a bunch of other comics ) I'd get a mini box with just my really good comics and set it in there....nice and loose ....if your young u have time on your side ......if your not...well there's always tomorrow ........