• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What if the comic's current value changes during grading process?

3 posts in this topic

Hey, everyone.  I just want to start by thanking CGC for all the hard work that they do.  With that said, I would like to know that if I submit a comic for grading, how do I determine which tier to pay for this service?  Do I use a rough approximation of Overstreet?  Also, what if the submitted comic goes up in value during this process?  Will it change the service tier?  -Thanks

On 7/23/2018 at 12:40 PM, Lhel1271 said:

Hey, everyone.  I just want to start by thanking CGC for all the hard work that they do.  With that said, I would like to know that if I submit a comic for grading, how do I determine which tier to pay for this service?  Do I use a rough approximation of Overstreet?  Also, what if the submitted comic goes up in value during this process?  Will it change the service tier?  -Thanks

Use your best judgement. If CGC deems the book deserves to be in a higher tier they will bump you and charge you accordingly.

28 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Use your best judgement. If CGC deems the book deserves to be in a higher tier they will bump you and charge you accordingly.

I believe the Max Value of whatever tier you associate it with is also the max you can claim for insurance in the event something should go wrong.  So if you sub a NM ASM#300 as a Modern and something happens in the grading process, I've been told CGC or whomever will only pay you up to the max value ($200).  So that's probably something else you'll want to consider when selecting a tier.