• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bangkok Comic Con

54 posts in this topic

a note about the statues in Asia:

They're way way more popular than the actual comics.  There's a million times more selection and variety on statues in any given nice mall in Asia than nearly anywhere in America.  They're FREAKING serious about it.  Every time I go I wish I knew more so could figure out which ones to buy and bring back and sell for profit, but then it becomes a whole weight issue, plus the translations are tough for googling sometimes.  But I'm sure a comic/anime statue expert could arbitrage pretty expertly (maybe not a large scale, but make 2-3 GREAT BUYS), but like they might recognize something limited still on their shelves with 2010 pricing that would sell huge in the US, if they were over there anyways (maybe not worth making a whole trip just for statues, but worth a peek if you're there anyways).

3 minutes ago, revat said:

a note about the statues in Asia:

They're way way more popular than the actual comics.  There's a million times more selection and variety on statues in any given nice mall in Asia than nearly anywhere in America.  They're FREAKING serious about it.  Every time I go I wish I knew more so could figure out which ones to buy and bring back and sell for profit, but then it becomes a whole weight issue, plus the translations are tough for googling sometimes.  But I'm sure a comic/anime statue expert could arbitrage pretty expertly (maybe not a large scale, but make 2-3 GREAT BUYS), but like they might recognize something limited still on their shelves with 2010 pricing that would sell huge in the US, if they were over there anyways (maybe not worth making a whole trip just for statues, but worth a peek if you're there anyways).

Man, you could tell that your right from the shier size of the 10 ft Hulk in the pics, interesting to know that they are at malls as well.

I went to a movie at the mall yesterday and walked around, and all the big "statue" art was abstract and didn't really seem modern as a result. I'm glad some feel comfortable with everyday subjects that they surround themselves with it in public as well.

At some point it may seem redundant if we did that always though (thumbsu