• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IH 181 CT ? Puzzled

17 posts in this topic

So I'm looking for a little insight. As you can see there's something going on in the "H". The same spots also appear in the right side of the "U" which make me wonder if it's actually CT or something that maybe dripped on the cover? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Please bear in mind that color touch will usually be applied to areas that actually have color breaking creases or other color loss. On this book, the spine would be an area to closely look at, as well as the corners and edges of the front cover. Color touch will jump right out at you after you've seen it a few times...

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

looks like something was dropped on the book, it was picked off/ removed and it took some of the red color with it.

I would call it a stain.

If you focus on that one spot on the 'H', I would agree with you. However, if you look at the totality of the 'spotting' on all of the big white letters in the title Hulk, it looks to me like moisture damage.  It's definitely not any kind of intentional CT application. 

44 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

If you focus on that one spot on the 'H', I would agree with you. However, if you look at the totality of the 'spotting' on all of the big white letters in the title Hulk, it looks to me like moisture damage.  It's definitely not any kind of intentional CT application. 

I think it was just crud dropped on the book in several spots.