• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anybody reccomend desert wind comics as a good cgc facilitator?
3 3

75 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Why would you think that people who've been :censored: by a crappy company and who know others who've had negative experiences would want to hear about positive experiences with the company? It would be acceptable if your response had been timely, though even your "positive" experience had issues!

I would disagree with the central contention that this is even a positive experience.  If anything the best that one can hope for seems to be: If I bug them enough I might get my books back after a long time.  

33 minutes ago, a420blaze said:

NEVER GIVE THEM YOUR BOOKS.

THEY REMADE MY INVOICE AND PUT THE WRONG ADDRESS.

THEY LOST MY AMAZING SPIDERMAN 129 9.6 X3 SIG

THEY OFFERED NO REFUND OR COMPENSATION IN ANY WAY

Say what?:whatthe:

More details please.

On 7/15/2019 at 10:39 PM, Buzzetta said:

I do not hold this company in high opinion and while I am sure that someone from their company will see this, I am glad to say that I have successfully dissuaded a few friends of mine from using their 'services' based on the words of the these boards.   

On 7/15/2019 at 11:59 PM, Buzzetta said:

This should be turned into a things I would not recommend Desert Wind for... 

• I would not recommend Desert Wind to find sand in a desert. 
  • I would not recommend Desert Wind to butter bread 
  • I would not recommend Desert Wind to spell 'wind' correctly. 

Carry on...

On 7/16/2019 at 9:52 AM, Buzzetta said:

I would not recommend Desert Wind or Celestial Wind to serve as footrests for when I want to watch TV and pop my feet up while on the couch. 

Since I wrote these comments, yet again Desert Wind was involved with another incident as we discovered at NYCC, once again proving to me that they have no business being in this game. 

Thankfully other people fixed their mistake.

I would NOT recommend Desert Wind in any capacity. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/15/2019 at 6:33 PM, a420blaze said:

They lost my book and treated me like I was trying to scam them  

5B803E7A-CB95-43E0-BE19-AC02AE68E6D8.jpeg

Just realized the ASM 129 thing was posted last year too.

When I first dealt with DW, I got the impression they were newbies making newbie mistakes and they would either learn or get out of the business. That was over ten years ago. I no longer give them the benefit of the doubt.  At best, they are incompetent, but I now suspect they know exactly what they are doing.

Desert Wind Comics is owned by racist bigots (yes I said it !!). Sharon accused me of forging a Chris Claremont signature at Ontario ComicCon Revolution, asking me questions: Did I write the name myself? Did I see the ink come out of the pen he wrote on. 

After I showed her the COA from the convention the year prior she accused me of forging their COA. She then rallied more people to accuse me of forgery. After I pulled another comic with Chris Claremont’s signature, she said, “now that’s his signature and the other you have is a forgery.” I replied, “if you agree and confirm that this is his signature, look at the COA! It’s the same as the others!” She sat back down on her chair and said, “I’ll be darn. Well I’m from an older time, and that’s how we were raised to think.” I was shocked and disgusted at her remark which confirmed what I thought from the beginning from her attitude. 

Additionally, she did not allow for me to use my own account rather that they had to use their account. 
When I spoke with Manny, he said that we could’ve used our own account for the transaction and he didn’t know why she said that we couldn’t. 

Let’s say my comics are still in the process of the transaction and I’m hoping that they don’t get lost or kept by them. 

Pointing out CGC facilitators potentially scamming people is grounds for thread removal and further threats of suspension should another thread be created about it. CGC does not care about your complaints and have taken the stance of protecting their facilitator, full stop.

To answer the original question, no. 

And I am glad that my thoughts on the matter successfully steered a few people away from dealing with them.  

On 8/12/2024 at 11:34 PM, DougC said:

Pointing out CGC facilitators potentially scamming people is grounds for thread removal and further threats of suspension should another thread be created about it. CGC does not care about your complaints and have taken the stance of protecting their facilitator, full stop.

:cheers:

There’s definitely value to posting publicly about problems with companies affiliated with cgc, but also (probably more) value to contacting cgc customer service directly and laying out the facts with evidence if possible for them.  

On 8/13/2024 at 5:56 PM, revat said:

There’s definitely value to posting publicly about problems with companies affiliated with cgc, but also (probably more) value to contacting cgc customer service directly and laying out the facts with evidence if possible for them.  

Not to nitpick, but I'm not sure I'd say "probably more", given what CS told the guy in the warped inner well thread.