• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 2.5
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have come across a person selling this AMAZING FANTASY #15 CGC 2.5  I am looking to purchase it as a investment.  I am new to comics, so my questions are 1. Does it look like its on the up an up AKA Legit?  2. What would be a good price to get it at?

Thanks for any advice.

image.png

if its in the slab and its sealed up tight, its probably legit.  The grade looks about right.  TO be MORE SURE, you should take more pics from more angles and post them here for more opinions.

As for value, there's a service called GPA analysis which one pays for, that tells you the sales history for CGC graded books.  You can find the information you want there, and see how much CGC 2.5 (and other grades) of this book have sold for recently and in the past.  That can help you guide your decision making.  Whether or not you should buy at a given price is entirely a function of your financial situation and what you look for out of your investments.  I'm not sure anyone can help you very much beyond that, as everyone is different, AND the advice you're asking for has significant financial value that others have acquired through years of experience (and often tons of money spent). 

Very generally, this comic seems like a safe investment, but of course that depends on the price you buy at and what types of returns you're hoping for, as well as your financial situation and opportunity costs.

Good luck.

"I have come across a person..." sounds like a scary way to invest $15,000+.  Is this person a comic dealer with a shop?  Is it someone on Craigslist?  Is it a guy who swears he is legit but doesn't have any other photos of the book?  Is it an online deal? 

We know that the best case is that you would get the book at a good price, but what is the worst case?  Are you prepared for the worst case? 

Can you ensure that the worst case won't happen?  (Can you meet at a police station to exchange the money and book, can you use an escrow service?  etc.)

Sorry for the potential debbie-downer, but we'd all like to be clever collectors and not sad statistics.